Chapter 4: Somewhere New

CLEM POV

I wake up in a bunk bed with my wrist attached to the bedpost and my head bandaged.

I look over to see I'm alone.

Clem: My family!

I got to sit out my wrist is tied to the bedpost.

I remove the duct tape from my wrist and get up.

Clem: What is this place?

I try to open the door but it's locked.

Clem: Shit.

I open the closet and examine the box inside on the top shelf. I try to reach it, but can't

Clem: Y/N is right about me being small. It sucks.

I push the chair over to the closet, stand on it, take the box, and place it on the desk. I open the box and take out a pallet knife.

Clem: This'll do.

I use the knife to open the door. I step out into the hallway.

As I am about to turn the corner, someone enters the hallway. I hide behind the display case. A boy approaches the room; he realizes the door is open and draws a knife.

I pin the boy against the wall and puts my knife to his throat.

Clem: Drop the knife. Now.

?: How about you do the same?

A figure nearby draws his bow.

?: We're not gonna hurt you. We've got your family. Their safe.

?: If you want to see them again, you'll drop that knife. Now. I'm not fucking around. Let him go, or I let go. And you'll see how good of a shot I am.

Clem: I woke up in a locked room with duct tape around my wrists. Why the hell should I trust you?

The guy lowers his weapon.

?: There. Now drop the knife.

I drop my knife.

?: Good. That's good.

The guy puts his bow away.

?: Look, if we wanted to hurt you, we would have by now. Considering the circumstances, I'll let this little standoff slide. But you only get one strike. Now, are you gonna behave so I can take you to see your family? Because if you really want to fight... You're a little outnumbered. Regardless of your boyfriends threats.

Clem: Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know where I was, or who you were. I just want to see my family.

?: You could have just asked.

?: Sorry about locking the door and tying you to the bed and all. You were in, uh, pretty rough shape when we found you. We had to take precautions. You know, just in case.

?: I'm Marlon. That's Tennessee. But, uh, call him Tenn for short. He and your boyfriend have been the one's been taking care of you. He, uh, doesn't talk much.

Clem: Clementine.

Marlon: Come on. Let's go see your family.

Me, Tenn, and Marlon leave the building.

Courtyard

Tenn leaves. I look out at the courtyard and see a cute blonde girl sitting on the wall.

Marlon: So you guys been surviving out there a while, huh?

Clem: Yeah, we've been on the road a long time.

Marlon: Take it you all know how to handle yourself? Don't usually see people our age alone out in the wild. I can't imagine what that must've been like.