four. shadow monster

FOUR━━━━
shadow monster

stranger things;
season 2    ep 2

"IT'S LIKE. . . LIKE I'M stuck." Will explained to the two boys that sat on either side of him. One was listening to him with great concentration and the other was beyond confused. "Like, like, stuck in the Upside Down?" Mike asked the smaller boy, glancing at the candy that had been spilled out onto the coffee table in front of them. Will sighed as he tried to figure out the best way to word it.

Adrian looked between the two, bamboozled. The Upside Down? What the hell was the Upside Down? "No. . . You know on a View-Master when it gets, like. . ." Adrian slowly reached for a piece of candy that was on the table, not breaking his gaze with Mike as he gave him a 'seriously?' kind of look. Mike rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Caught between two slides?" He asked Will, deciding to ignore Adrian.

"Yeah, yeah. Like that." He confirmed, swallowing thickly as an image of this place had replayed in his mind. "Like on side's our world and the other. . . The other slide is the Upside Down."

Adrian pursed his lips and finally decided to speak up. "I don't mean to interrupt but could you please fill me in on what this 'Upside Down' is?" The two other boys looked over at him with realization written across their faces — Adrian had no clue what they were talking about. "Right. . . The Upside Down is like our world but it's not." Adrian raised an eyebrow at Mike, crossing his arms over his chest while leaning forward.

"Spectacular explanation, Wheeler." He said monotonously, turning to Will this time in hopes that he could explain a bit better. "Okay, so just — imagine our world but a lot darker and colder. Surrounded by these weird vines too." Adrian nodded slowly, eyebrows furrowed. He still didn't quite understand but he knew enough now to comprehend what they were saying.

"And. . . And there was this noise coming from everywhere." Will resumed what he was previously stating now that they had established that. However, the more he explained the more scared and shaken up he got. To say Adrian was concerned would be an understatement, and Adria didn't get concerned. "And then I saw something." This caused Mike and Adrian to share a look before they both looked at Will again. "The Demogorgon?" Another word that Adrian didn't know. He could ask about that later.

"No." Will shook his head, closing his eyes for a quick moment. Adrian looked down at his hands and watched as they began to shake ever so slightly. Whatever he had seen must've really scared him. That would explain why he was so panicked when they had found him around an hour before. "It was like this huge shadow in the sky. Only, it was alive. And it was coming for me." That was enough for Adrian to want to move out of town. There's just no way that someone would want to continue living in Hawkins after seeing that.

"Is this all real?" Mike asked, a little shaken up and scared by what he had just described. Adrian was confused about why he would ask that until he continued talking. "Or is it like the doctors say, all in your head?" Will tucked his bottom lip in between his teeth as he shrugged his shoulders, tears lining his eyes. "I don't know. Just. . . Just please don't tell the others, okay?" He looked at Mike for a few moments before looking at Adrian, hoping that he realized that the message was for him too.

"They won't understand." Mike turned his head and looked down at his lap, his hands intertwined together. He was thinking something and it was making him upset, Adrian could tell. "Eleven would." Adrian furrowed his eyebrows and looked at him in bewilderment. 1. Will was opening up to him about something traumatic and he brings up someone else? 2. Who the hell is Eleven? Will disregarded his blatant ignorance and just asked, "She would?"