four. sinking feelings of terror

FOUR━━━━
SINKING FEELINGS OF TERROR

stranger things;
season 3 ep 2

THE GROUP OF FOUR met up at El's cabin, Adrian's mood was a bit better now that he had been able to ride around town and cool off. Max was dancing around the room, singing along to 'Angel', while Frankie and El searched through magazines, stopping at eye-catching pages. Adrian was sitting on the floor, his back up against El's bed, humming along to the song. Max looked over towards El and chuckled when she realized who she was looking at. "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." Adrian looked up at the mention of his name.

"Macchio?" El questioned with a small smile on her face. "Yeah, he's the karate kid. Hai-yah!" Max karate-chopped the air, causing a smile to grow on El's face. "He's so hot, right?" Max asked. Personally, Adrian would've shouted out to the world about how good-looking Ralph Macchio was, but he didn't feel like getting jumped every day. Frankie uncomfortably shuffled on the bed at the question, not going unnoticed by Adrian. "What do you think, Frankie?" Max asked the blonde.

"He's — He's alright, I guess." Adrian narrowed his eyes, a small smile making its way to his face. He knew exactly what this was and why she was so hesitant. "I bet he's an amazing kisser, too." Adrian swallowed thickly as Max looked over at him. He could tell that she was going to ask him something, but then she realized that there were two other people with them and stopped.

"Listen, I don't know what Mike said to you, but I do know that he can eat shit." Adrian couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head. "I guarantee you, he and Lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now. They're like, 'Oh, I hope they take forgive us.'" Adrian laughed nervously, but he still agreed. He didn't know what to say to that.

"What I wouldn't give to see their stupid faces," Max said as she laughed, just imagining the frowns they would have on their faces. El looked down as if she was thinking, eyebrows furrowed as she bit on her lip. "What is it?" Max asked, noticing her stance. El glanced over at Frankie, who looked at her with wide eyes, and she decided she could trust the girl. "We can see their faces, if you want. I can go into the void." She suggested and Frankie raised an eyebrow. "The void?" Adrian looked at the girl and tried to think of the best way to explain that to her, figuring that El wouldn't mind her knowing if she had suggested it anyway. "El has. . . these abilities where she can basically watch people and see what they're doing."

"So. . . you can spy on people?" Frankie asked, stars practically in her eyes. El smiled sheepishly and nodded, watching as Max grabbed a blindfold off of El's dresser before starting to flip through the stations on the radio, trying to find one that was just static. "That's so cool!"

"Thank you." El smiled warmly at her and Adrian smirked, sharing a glance with Max, who had the same look on her face. El walked over and sat on the floor, grabbing the blindfold that Max was holding out toward her. Frankie and Adrian moved to sit on one edge of the bed, both of them whispering to each other — mostly just Adrian explaining things to her. "Is this really gonna work?" El nodded as an answer. "Holy shit, this is insane." Max laughed. "Max," El mumbled, a smile on her face as she listened to her friend ramble about how cool this was going to be. "Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry."

El tied the blindfold around her eyes and let out a breath as she began to concentrate. After a few seconds, she mumbled. "I see them." Max moved from the bed to next to her on the floor, crossing her legs. "What are they doing?" Max asked, leaning closer to El as she anticipated the answer. "Eating." Honestly, Adrian was not shocked when given this information.