Chapter Nine

~Chapter Nine~

"So let me get this straight..." Leo asked. "Someone, or something, is stealing the Primordials' Soul Shards one by one? And if they do manage to steal all of them, the world is going to blow up?"

"Yes, young Leo. Except, the world would crumble and collapse in on itself." Chaos explained.

The Big House was silent, as everyone was thinking about just what this meant for them.

"Do we know who is stealing them?" Nico asked. No sane being would willingly destroy the Earth. It was all they had. Unless the colonisation of other planets started developing right now, there was nowhere else they could go. 

"Yes, unfortunately, this, for lack of a better word, prick will not stay dead. That is why I am here, to give you all the help that you need. You have defeated him once before, but at a large cost." Chaos grumbled.

The old campers exchanged dark looks between each other. They knew all too well who had a grudge against the Earth.

"Wait, I still don't know who we are talking about? It's not Gaia again is it?" Leo asked nervously. "Like, I am sure we could take her down again, but it might not be that easy again." He reached down into his toolbelt, anxiously fiddling with its contents.

"No, it's not Gaia," Clarisse muttered. "It's Kronos." She shot a look at Chaos who in return nodded in affirmation.

"But, if you created the world," Jason pondered, "Couldn't you just click your fingers and he would like, disappear."

Chaos let out a humorous chuckle. "I seem to get asked that question a lot. But no, I made an oath that I can not directly interfere with matters of the Earth, sure, there are some ways I can bend around the rule. But not this time."

"Well, then how can you help us?" Reyna asked.

Chaos smirked, "I can give you something that would help you immensely."

"Actually, I guess he is more of a someone."

*~*~*~*

In a faraway place, Percy slipped on his hood and stepped through the swirling vortex.

He was going home.