Chapter Ten

~Chapter Ten~

The air was filled with the sound of pure electricity, like a lightning bolt striking the ground. Wind whipped past Percy's head as he travelled through the vortex, rippling the assassin cloak that adorned his slim figure.

With a loud crack, a noise that Percy always associated with the apparition noise from Harry Potter, he appeared at his destination.

Camp Half Blood.

It was as Percy remembered it, with a few subtle changes, including the increase in the number of cabins and people.

The lava wall was still there, hopefully still shredding demigod clothes to this day. The volleyball courts, currently the Dryads were playing some of the new campers. Obviously, Percy thought, the satyrs keep eating the ball.

Percy cast his eyes over to The Big House, where he could hear that a meeting was taking place, a little perk of being Chaos' Assassin.

And apparently, they were talking about him. Percy gritted his teeth, he wasn't sure of how he was going to approach this; he hadn't seen his friends in over five hundred years. Well, five Earth years to them. He has spent longer missing them than they have, which he didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. 

But then again, they did think he was dead. Okay, maybe they had it worse.

To make matters worse, they are always going to think that. He could not reveal himself, for Chaos' sake. 

 Percy shifted his hood lower over his face, and thanked Chaos that it would never slip, another little perk.

"You are Omega now," Percy whispered. "Let's do this thing."

With that, Omega strolled down the hill towards The Big House.

*~*~*~*

"An assassin? Wicked." Leo grinned. "How many people has he killed?"

"Leo! You shouldn't ask questions like that." grumbled Piper. "It's rude."

Outside the door, Omega smirked. He always liked Leo.

"Yes he is my Assassin, and he is very good at his job," Chaos glanced at Leo, "Never fails to miss a target."

Leo's grin got even bigger, his mocha brown eyes shining cheekily. "So when do we get to meet the dude?"

Chaos shifted his eyes over to the door. "Whenever he decides to stop eavesdropping and step out from behind the door."

The thick oak door swung open as Omega emerged into the familiar room. "Chaos," Omega groaned, "I had planned this epic revealing and you ruined it."

And before you start to worry, no he did not still sound like Percy, well to Percy he did, but Chaos had made it so to everyone else he sounded not Percy-like. He had never actually asked what he did sound like to others, but he was sure it was awesome. Like Christian Bale as Batman awesome.

Omega felt all eyes on him, his nerves tingled like being tickled by a feather. What would happen if they did find out it was him? Chaos never told him exactly what would happen if people found out it was him, but he was sure it wasn't going to be pretty.

"Hi," Percy gazed around the room at all his old friends, "My name is Omega and I will be helping you win this upcoming war. I like long walks on the beach and my perfect date would be to Italy because pasta is like, amazing."

Chaos cleared his throat rather loudly, "I am sorry about his behaviour, he isn't potty trained yet." Omega shot Chaos a dark look, a look that only Chaos could see, due to his hood.

Leo approached Omega, rather weary and cautious but curiosity won him over. "I know I have only just heard of you, but you are my role model and can I get your autograph?"

"Sure, anything for a fan." Omega grinned, Leo mirroring his expression.

"Why do you wear a hood?" Jason asked. When everyone looked at him he spluttered. "It is a valid question, do you expect us to put our lives in your hands if you don't even want us to know who you are?"

A few of the other cabin leaders nodded their heads in agreement.

"Like Spiderman, it is to keep the ones I care about safe." Omega knew he was partly lying, the ones he cared about would be fine if he revealed who he was, Chaos on the other hand... He would be in a lot of trouble. "I am sure you can understand that. Heck, maybe even one day I can show you my face."

With that, Omega sent Chaos a hopeful look but got a subtle shake in return.

Omega mentally sighed. Bummer.

The campers seemed to accept this, the atmosphere became instantly more relaxed.

"I am here to help, so ask me anything if you need help."

Leo raised his hand.

"So exactly how many people have you killed?"

"LEO!"