Chapter Eleven

~Chapter Eleven~ 

"Kronos is gathering an army as we speak."

All heads swiftly turned towards Chaos. The atmosphere in the room dropped drastically, even Leo knew that what they were now talking about was serious. Chaos let out a sigh.

"And this, I am afraid, is where I leave you."

"What?" betrayed voices spluttered out of the mouths of some of the campers. The hurt shone in their eyes like a roaring flame. 

"As I said before, I cannot interfere with Earth matters. I took an oath and I am bound to it." Chaos muttered, "But that is why I brought you Omega. Think of him as compensation. I can't help, but he can."

The campers exchanged glances. They understood how much help Chaos was giving them. But they had already been through one war, some of the older campers had been through two. They were tired. 

"I'm sorry, we know how much you want to help us," Jason stated, "We lost one of our leaders in the last war with Gaia." A few of the occupants stiffened at the mention of Percy, including the dude in question.

"But having Omega here will be a great help." Jason sent Omega a smile, which he gratefully returned. 

As Omega turned away, he let his smile drop. Of course, they hadn't forgotten about him. He had hoped that they would have moved on by now, it had been five years. But no. His friends were loyal and that's why they were his friends. 

"Well now that is settled, I must take my leave." Chaos bowed dramatically. "I wish you well for your impending battle and remember, the soul shards are the key. Oh and make sure Omega brushes his teeth.  We do not want a repeat of what happened on Chorus."

"Oh come on, that was one time! Who knew that he was going to be allergic to garlic?" 

Chaos glared at Omega. "All Mitae are allergic to garlic. You shouldn't have had pesto on your pizza."

The rest of the occupants exchanged confused looks with each other. Chaos sauntered over to the door, throwing a glance over his shoulder as he did. 

"It is important to remember to brush your teeth, otherwise you can accidentally kill a whole room who are deathly allergic to what you had for lunch. Now go win this war."

With that, the door slammed shut.