Chapter Two

~Chapter Two~ Second Chance

White. 

Endless whiteness was the first thing he saw. Miles upon miles. Stretching as far out as he could see. No North or South. No up or down. 

Sitting up slowly, Percy glanced around but he was met only with the sight of white. 

"Sleep Perseus. Awaken when you are ready." A voice murmured, sending vibrations running through the ground, or at least Percy thought it was the ground, he was sitting on. Darkness overtook him as he submitted to the voice. 

    *~*~*~*

When Percy next awoke he was lying in a bed. The sheets of a fabric that he had never encountered before. Vaguely registering he was in a room that he didn't know, he sat up quickly off the bed. 

Where was he?

"Do not worry, young Perseus. You are safe. When you sacrificed yourself to save the world, I took you in." the voice murmured once again. 

"Chaos? Why am I here? I thought I was going to go get judged." Percy replied.

"You are here because when you make a life sacrifice, you don't go to the Underworld. You fade like gods. I am too fond of you to let that happen so you are here with me. In the Void. I will train you up to become even a greater hero than you were." Chaos answered. 

"So I get to go back? To Earth I mean?" Percy asked, his eyes shimmering with hope.

"I am sorry Percy. I wasn't even meant to interfere with Earth, let alone save your life. I am giving grateful a second chance but you wont be able to reveal your identity to anyone. For now, you will stay with me. You will be able to leave eventually. But not to Earth. Not just yet." Chaos sighed. 

Percy glanced downwards, his eyes shutting out the world. "It's okay. I am very grateful that you gave me the chance to save my friends and family once again. I just have one question. Why can't I see you? Do you have a body?"

Chaos chuckled. "I am the creator of the universe. Do you think that such power could fit into a mortal body? I do not have an actual body, I am here and not here. I am everything around you. I could form a body, one day I might. But I have stayed in this form for aeons and aeons and i am quite comfortable with it." 

"Okay, floating particles that are everything around me, I can deal with that. But if we are going to spend a lot of time together, don't call me young. Or Perseus. Percy is just fine." Percy muttered. 

"Percy, I am The Creator. Everyone is young to me. Now lets start your training."