Iridescent~ Percy Jackson

I have saved the world many times. Always living through it. Always, things turned out just fine. 

But one time they didn't, my luck finally decided to give up on me. If I could choose anyway to die, well, this sounds like the best option.  It definitely counts as 'going out with a bang'.

I knew this day would come, I mean, I am a demigod, and a Child of the Big Three. I just didn't expect it to be this soon. You can't blame me, who would actually like to die when they were just 18? Not me, that is for sure. 

I am not angry, I don't regret what I did. Hopefully, I will always be remembered for it. 

My name is Percy Jackson, and this is how I died. 

                 *~*~*~*

~Chapter One~ Sacrifice 

The Last Day of the Giant War

"Percy!" A girl with coal black, spiky hair with a silver circlet sitting on top screamed out. A tanned young man spun around at the mention of his name. Raising his hand, he wiped the sweat that was streaming down his face off. 

"Thalia? What is it, I'm kind of busy." Percy spun back around and did quick slashes at his opponent. 

"We have to stop Gaia now! If we kill her, they will have no leader and we can end this war now. It has gone on far too long." Thalia duck and rolled as a spear was sent in her direction. 

"Thats what we are trying to do." Percy grunted back. 

"Annabeth and Piper found where she was rising." Thalia sent a bolt of lightning raining down from the heavens, killing a empousa. 

"Well why didn't you say so?" Yelled Percy, he ducked and thrust Riptide right through the heart of the dracanae he was facing. Spinning around once again, he sprinted after Thalia. 

         *~*~*~*

At Gaia's rising location

"There is nothing you can do little hero," Gaia cooed in his mind. "I shall rise and take my rightful place as ruler of this Earth." 

Percy scanned around his surrounds, racking his brain for the way to handle this situation. Gaia was rising. And it would be very soon. Thrums of energy ran out, like shockwaves in an earthquake, from the point in the ground where a giant earthen body was being formed. The body was slowly turning more human like. 

Oh gods, please there must be something I can do, Percy prayed in his mind. But how do you stop a primordial when she is the very earth itself? 

"There is nothing you can do, little hero. How many times do I have to tell you? I will get my revenge on those blithering idiots you call gods and you shall be there to see it. You should've joined me when you had the chance." Gaia let out a deep chuckle. 

"There is a way to stop her." A new voice entered Percy's mind. It was hard to distinguish if it was a male or female. Percy just knew that it was old and powerful. Very powerful. 

"Who are you?" thought Percy.

"I am Chaos, creator of all. Gaia is disrupting the balance in the universe and must be stopped. I never interfere with Earth related problems but this is the only exception."

"Woah w-what? You're Chaos? Annabeth mentioned you before. Well I think so. I kind of just zone out when she talks. Oh shoot, don't tell her I said that."

Chaos let out a chuckle. "I like you Perseus Jackson and that is why I am going to help you. I have watched your journey since day one and you just keep impressing me day after day."

"I can't believe you're Chaos and you're in my head." Percy replied, awed out of his mind. 

"Well I don't actually have a physical body so its quite normal to be in your head. But anyway, you have a planet to save. I can help you end this all."

"I will do anything." Percy vowed. "Just tell me what I need to do."

"It will cost you dearly but you will be saving billions of lives. You will have to make a life sacrifice. By sacrificing your life, the world's greatest hero, you will send Gaia back into her slumber."

"So all I need to do is sacrifice my life and Gaia will be put back to bed? Well that sounds easy. Why did no one tell me in the first place. Wait, how do I know it will work? I don't want to be dying for nothing." Percy thought. 

"And there is your fatal flaw. Excessive personal loyalty. How do you know it will work? I swear on the Void that it will work. It happened on another planet far away and they are still living peacefully today thanks to their hero." Chaos hummed. 

"Well for some reason I seem to trust you. If this is the only way quick, tell me what to do before Miss earth-face rises." Percy glanced at Gaia's forming body to check her progress. Her face was almost finished forming. 

"Just go stand right next to Gaia, slice your palm open and let your blood fall onto the ground. I will do the rest."

Percy nodded and sprinted towards Gaia. He struggled through the power surges that she let off but he eventually reached her. Percy cut his palm open with Riptide and let his scarlet blood drip down and land on the soft soil. He threw a quick glance behind him and spotted his friends standing not so far away fighting Earthborn. He managed to make eye contact with Annabeth as Chaos started chanting some language that Percy had never heard before. It sounded like 'humbay ya ya nala so foo' to him but Percy couldn't be sure.

"Percy! What are you doing?!" Annabeth screamed at him, she drew the attention of the rest of his friends and the Earthborn. Leo, Jason, Piper, Nico, Frank, Hazel, Thalia, Grover, Clarisse and Annabeth all stared at him in horror as he started to glow a vibrant red. 

They were all there. His friends. Percy smiled and whispered "I'm sorry" as his world went black. 

The last thing he heard was an ear piercing shriek from Gaia and his friends shouting out his name. 

He definitely went out with a bang.