Chapter Four

~Chapter Four~ Ma Vie

The shadow raced through the night. It's footsteps beating along the cold, tile floor. Turning a corner sharply, the figure glanced frantically over its shoulder while sprinting down the hall. Moonlight struck the shadow through a wide open window along the corridor and its face was lit up for a second. A man. Tiny brown eyes squished into his face. Perspiration trickled down his face like a stream running down a mountain. His mouth, a rather lopsided small one, was left open, desperately trying to get more air into the man. His eyes scanned the space behind him, spotting nothing, the man let out a grunt of appraisal for himself. Spinning back around he stopped suddenly when a figure blocked his path. The man, obviously it was a man by the way he stood and the broad shoulders stretched out under a cape, wore a hood. All that was visible was his mouth. The hood had a white Omega sign slightly glowing on the front. The figure smirked and pulled out a sliver dagger.

"Boo"

*~*~*~*

500 Void years later (5 Earth years)~

"You're late." 

A voice announced as a hooded figure stepped into an office. The office was very grand. Leather seats, Persians rugs and priceless paintings adorned its walls. A massive mahogany desk sat in front of a window overlooking an expansive garden. A black leather desk chair faced the window. It swung around and a man with black hair and an impressive moustache was seated in it.

"Freddie Mercury? Really? And stop being dramatic, it doesn't suit you." the figure responded, whipping off his hood and revealing Percy Jackson. 

Freddie Mercury smiled. "I can choose any form I want. I have never been Freddie Mercury before and he is a great singer. You know, for a mortal." 

Chaos regularly changed his form, it took ten Void years for Percy to convince Chaos to take a mortal form, and not that Chaos would ever admit it, but he was glad that Percy had convinced him. There were so many perks.

"Fine, fine!" Percy held his hands up in surrender. "I completed my mission, Lord Chaos."

"Percy, what have I told you about calling me Lord? You are my son and therefore my equal. Although you will never compare to my awesomeness. It comes naturally." Chaos stated.

Percy knew Chaos hated being called Lord so that was exactly why he did it. The Stoll brothers would be proud. Percy winced at that thought. Camp Half Blood was still a sore subject for him. He wished he could go back. But he loved living in the Void with Chaos. Training, completing missions and learning... well no, Percy actually hated learning stuff (so boring and hard) but he managed it with only a few complaints a day. He knew that what he learnt only helped him to become a better assassin and person. 

Chaos was like his father. Poseidon would always remain his true father, but Percy had spent five hundred years with Chaos. He was like an older brother but in a more fatherly manner. Chaos taught Percy everything that he knew. All his knowledge of gods, weapons, other planets and civilisations. Of course, Chaos knew a lot. That is why, after five hundred years, Percy was still slaving away reading books and researching. They still had fun, though, gallivanting around the universe and exploring new cultures.

"Well done on your mission. That's another war you have prevented." Chaos stood up and clapped Percy on the shoulder. "You have almost finished your training, there is not much weapon-wise that I can teach you. You are improving each day."

"It comes naturally." Percy taunted, getting a glare from Chaos in response.

"Don't mock me. I am naturally awesome. I will send you on another mission that you have to disguise yourself as a girl again." Chaos retorted.

"You said you wouldn't do that again!"

"Well, I lied. But you did make a very pretty girl! Remember all those flowers you got sent from all the young men in the town that you saved on Planet Esmeralde? I couldn't stop laughing for days!"

"I really hate you sometimes."

"Awww Omega, you wound me. You know you love me."

Percy sent a deathly glare towards his father figure.

It was good to be home.