2

As I walked into the school, my eyes laid on the only person they shouldn't have laid on

As I walked into the school, my eyes laid on the only person they shouldn't have laid on. Despite everything I believed, I did like her. She had long chestnut hair, and I wanted to go over to kiss her and get my hands tangled in hers.

Some people would say that I preferred blondes. That was true, until I met her. I didn't know why she caught my attention the way she did. She was mysterious, or so I thought.

Kai nudged my elbow but I didn't look back at him. I didn't care if she saw me staring at her, if anything, I wanted her to see.

She could have had everyone, why would she have wanted me? I was a horseman but horsemen didn't do it for good girls. That's what Ava Stone was, a good girl.

If I truly wanted her, I would have gone to her and at least make conversation. But, I would have never done that in school.

This girl was popular. And, not only because she was pretty but because she was a model. Every week she'd disappear for three to four days and when she'd come back, there'd be a new magazine and she'd be the front cover.

On top of that, she always managed to catch up with the class. Hell, I was more present than she was and she had way better grades than I did.

Kai wanted her, Will wanted her, and I bet Damon did too.

Everyone wanted her. It was a common fact in Thunder Bay. She was the It girl, and yet, she never acted like she was. She walked around with her head high and she wasn't a mean girl or anything close to that, she was just, her.

Before I even realized it, we were marching toward Ava. That's when I stopped our eye contact and looked at the guys. What were they doing? Did they want my death? 

"Hey there, ladies," Kai said, leaning on the locker behind Ava. I did the same, except, in front of Rika. My little brother's girlfriend.

"Hi?" Ava chortled sarcastically. We never talked to her and at this precise moment, I wondered why. We all loved to chase, why weren't we chasing her?

Because she would break us.

"Hey, Rika" I tugged her hair behind her ears and she held her breath. Rika Fane was younger than us but exceptionally beautiful. I knew her from the moment she was born. I've known her my whole life and I also know, regardless of the fact she was my brother's girlfriend, she had a huge crush on me.

She tried to hide it but even he could see it. I snickered at the thought. Trevor had everything and while this was the only thing I could have taken from him, I didn't do it. I preferred to watch her try clawing her way into my head. It never worked but, she was beautiful.

And the look on my brother's face when she'd stare at me, yeah, that was priceless.  

"Hello" she replied and she leaned on my hand. Will snorted and I also rolled my eyes. Why did I bring her comfort and not my brother? I knew why. She wanted the one thing she couldn't have, and that was me.

"You still coming tonight?" I teased, because I knew damn well she hated these dinners with my family. This time, the guys would be there. I wanted to piss my father off and that's what I was about to do.

"Uh, yeah, yes!" She smiled and then turned to Ava. She wasn't paying attention, in fact, her attention was focused on Kai. My skin crawled at the sight of them.

His thumb was under her chin and her eyes were wide as he leaned in. He was playing with her, but it still stroked a nerve. I never told him I had something for her. I thought I didn't have to. Clearly, I had to rectify this.

"Ava's actually gonna come too" Rika bewildered with excitement. I cocked my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side.

Ava pushed Kai off and he was smirking at her, as if she was the most fascinating human being on the planet. If my fist could have connected with his face, it would have.

"Rika!" She sounded surprised, her voice filled with embarrassment. Because of what Kai did to her or because she didn't know?

I thought both.

"I didn't agree to that" she rubbed her chin, already missing Kai's touch. Had she ever been kissed before? Probably. She was Ava Stone, I was sure a lot of people tried to hit it and maybe she let them. Maybe she didn't. There was no way I could have possibly known.

"Yes, you did!"

"No, I am pretty sure I didn't!" She crossed her arms over her chest and Will took her right hand and twirled her around.

I said we never talked to her but Will and Ava were friends, somehow. I didn't understand it, I never saw them say hi to each other in the halls but it was clear that every time they did talk, they had some special connection.

My insides crumbled when I saw the smile on her face. It eluded me. How could he make her feel happy and not me? Well, that was because I never dared talk to her. Because of my stupid fear of rejection. I was Michael Crist, every girl in this town thought I was dreamy, why couldn't she think the same? 

Ava pushed him away and he pinned her against the locker. I think that surprised everyone in the hall because his lips were inches away. Had they kissed before? Had they fucked? What else did Will didn't tell us?

"Baby, you're coming now," he said, brushing his lips with hers. She stayed still with him covering her face from everyone but I saw the heat reaching her cheeks. Her chest rose and fell quickly and I swear I saw her heart pounding.

"We'll be there." Will gave her a quick peck on the lips and she returned it, so fast, that someone could have thought they were together. Her hands trailed up their way to his chest and when I thought she'd grab his collar and bring her mouth to his again, she pushed him away.

Will was grinning like an idiot but he didn't expect that to happen. Maybe that was why I was scared of talking to her, I was scared she'd push me away.

I had to man up. She might not have agreed to come but she would, for Rika.

Kai and Will needed to know I wanted her. They could play with her, for all I cared. At the end of the day, she was mine.

And as for Damon, well, he didn't seem to care. He would take part in it, for Will. That was fine, I didn't have to worry about him.

Ava Stone was going to lose her shit.