8

"I can't believe he did that" Nina squealed, unwrapping the box of muffins she had brought

I couldn't even think about Michael, all I felt were how those fucking muffins looked so good. My pinky drifted to the box but as soon as she said my name, I stumbled and fell onto my bed.

"What else happened?" Nina asked. Was it wrong I didn't want her to know everything? Yes, I didn't want her to lecture me but it wasn't just that. Nothing much had happened anyway. We kissed and things weren't complicated.

Okay, maybe we did a bit more than share kisses and I was freaking out because of it, but we decided to be friends. Just friends.

"Nothing, he drove me home and that's it," I might have left out the part when I climbed on top of him and kissed him as if my life depended on it...

"That's good! Awesome, great, amazi-"

"You're doing it again" I sighed and rolled on my back. I hated it when she did this.

"You have something to say so just say it,"

Nina giggled before stuffing the rest of her muffin in her mouth.

How was she so skinny?

"I don't trust him," she said through gritted teeth. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. My best friend had her opinions about boys but since she knew Michael had kissed me in the bathroom, she was protective. Too much and it more than angered me. Just because she had more experience than me, it didn't mean that she had the right to dictate my life.

"What do you even mean?"

"Don't give me that look. I am just looking out for you" she snapped before throwing the box of muffins in my trash.

They were ruined.

"I am not!"

"You so are!"

I didn't disagree. In complete honesty, I was jealous of her. She had everything at her fingertips. I wished it was that simple for me.

"All I am saying is, he's a horseman. Are you aware of how many girls he has fucked? What if it's a dare?" There was this edge in her voice that I knew meant she didn't actually care. Something else was on her mind and she was just saying everything going through her head.

Still.

Ouch, that stung.

Yet, I couldn't help but think that maybe she was right. Michael Crist never noticed me before that night. We had eye contact but you can have eye contact with everyone. What if Will kissing me was just the beginning of a dare?

I stopped there. Will had fancied me, I knew that. Something was just not adding up.

"I'll be careful," I said, rubbing my eyes. Nina sat next to me, tucking her hair behind her ears.