1. tutor

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘳𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟮

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘳
𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟮

Valerie never liked the way the school hallways echoed, or the people that were the cause of the loud echoing sounds that filled her ears every time she walked into Hawkins High. The loud sounds and the lack of space made her heart race and her mind to have no other option other than to disassociate. Her wide eyes would be forced to focus on the tiled ground as her legs would take her to her class as fast as they could. However, she could not separate herself from school and the students there if she wanted to be well-liked and somewhat popular, all in an effort to get the attention of a sophomore who was yet to know of her existence.

She first caught eyes with Steve Harrington in middle school, right when she had first moved to Hawkins with her mother and younger brother. She remembered it as if it were yesterday, instead of the three years ago it was that she witnesses true beauty first-hand. She passed him in the hallway on the way to her very first class, and being the new girl in a small town, she caught the eyes of almost everyone in that school. Except him. Except Steve Harrington. He walked past her like she was just every other girl in school, laughing along with his intimidating dark-eyed friend. The way he tilted his head back as the laugh erupted from the back of throat, and how contagious it was, instantly made the young girl fall head over heels for him.

But just like any other high school crush that any girl who age has ever had, Steve Harrington had no idea who she was. His eyes had never met with her own, and no conversation had ever been shared between the two of them. He always had his eyes on the popular and pretty girls, the sophomores mostly, but anyone on the cheerleading team had a chance to be with him. Valerie was attempting to higher her social status within the town and increasing her 'prettiness' just to have a chance with him – which sounded pathetic aloud, but he was the only boy in Hawkins that was worth fighting for.

"Earth to Val?" Her best friend, Constance, jokingly teased. She was one of, if not the only, girls in school that seemed to not care about Steve. But then again, she was just accepted into the cheerleading team, so she had a range of boys to pick to be her potential future husband. "Have you been paying attention to a single thing I've told you?"

"Totally." Valerie smiled reassuringly, as if she had not spent the last ten minutes disassociating from the world around her. "Um, remind me again what you were saying?"

Constance rolled her eyes half-jokingly and she leaned her shoulder against the grey lockers they were standing beside as they waited for the classroom door to open. "The captain of the cheerleading team is throwing a Halloween party in a few weeks, when it's Halloween, obviously. We're invited."

"Invited?" The tiredness that lingered from her lack of sleep, due to a long night of studying, faded away instantly the moment those words rolled off Constance's tongue. "To a high school party? Thrown by seniors? Freshman don't get invited to parties thrown by seniors!"