Father's Day! I Thought I Knew What I Want!

EJ is still looking at the college recommendation letters. He was hoping some miracle would happen and he would find out which college he wants to go to, but no dice.

With a knock on the door, his father, Cash walks in. "Hey, so mom is setting up for a movie night. We'll let you pick if you can take a break from college."

"I can't believe you out of all people said that" EJ chuckles as he turns around. With a small smile, cash walks to his son and sits on his bed. "So...your mom told me you've been couped up in here all day. You wanna talk about it?"

EJ hasn't really talked about his college problems with anyone, but Gina and Ashlyn, but this was his dad, so why not. "I don't know" he turns his chair and faces his dad. "I feel like this whole thing is my fault, ya know?"

"Not really kid, your grandpa always said 'duke' so that's what I did. I wasn't like you growing up. You...always had that spark in you, it's the reason your mom and I always pushed you, but now...we're thinking we may have pushed you too far to the point where you thought you couldn't talk to us."

"A little."

"I guess I thought family traditions always had to be followed, but everyone should be free to do what they want. And you definitely should. At first, Duke wasn't the best, but your mom helped me go. Gina's helping you, right?"

"Yeah, she's teaching me to forgive myself for what I've done and move on."

"That's what your mom taught me. How to grow from where you are. It's normal to not know what you want at some point...and maybe that's my fault. Have you talked to your friends since you left? Ashlyn? Anyone?"

"Not really, just trying to think."

"Well, I think you should try and reach out" Cash grabs his son's shoulder comforting, and EJ shows him a grin. "Alright, I'll give you some more time to think, and if you want, we'll be waiting for you outside. Remember, you can pick the movie!"

EJ grins and his dad walks out the room. He looks at his college applications. Next to him was his open yearbook, filled with notes and letters they left

 Next to him was his open yearbook, filled with notes and letters they left

All those accomplishments, theater, that made him happy, Duke was his dream school but he was rejected, and now he doesn't know what to do

It was like his mind was breaking, he can't make decisions anymore. His whole future was on the line. His whole world has gone dark. He just wanted to run. But he has to answer the question he's always asked himself.

What does he want?

(EJ)
Hanging on the ropes now
I'm about to fall down
Cause I've been prancing around, ohh

Listening to my words
Now questioning my world
I've never felt so torn, ohh

I always play till I win
Now my mind starting to spin

I thought I knew what I want
The path at the end
Was it all just pretend, playing my mind

My future's on the line now
It's keepin' me down
Gotta find where my place in the world lies

Called the enemy
But it all seems fair
Doing all these things
Just to get me there
Without a care

Learning how to grow
With the help of friends
Showing the true me
That's who I am

I always play till I win
Now my mind starting to spin

I thought I knew what I want
The path at the end
Was it all just pretend, playing my mind

My future's on the line now
It's keepin' me down
Gotta find where my place in the world lies

Find the way
It's all in front of me
Now I'm gonna find
Just who I'm meant to be
Tryin's to prove myself
But prove myself to who

My future
I'm gonna earn it all
Gonna map my life
It's gonna be a ball
Gonna win the game
And I'm not gonna lose

I always play till I win
But now my mind starting to spin

I thought I knew what I want
The path at the end
Was it all just pretend, playing my mind

My future's on the line now
It's keepin' me down
Gotta find where my place in the world lies

My future's on the line nowIt's keepin' me downGotta find where my place in the world lies

Bryan and Rocky are hanging out. Their subway was still going no one. "So, you from around here?" Ricky asks.

"Not really. I'm from Salt Lake. I was at ta theater camp with my friends. The plan was to visit my dad for Father's Day, but as you can see..."

"Yeah, I wanted to go hang with my fam this weekend, but it seems like we're leaving."

"Well, at least we have live entertainment" Bryan points to his new friend, making her laugh. "Live entertainment, is that what I am?"

"Oh, come on. You basically rapped your heart out, you're awesome!"

"What about you? You seem pretty cool, you ever made your own raps?"

"Um, yeah, I have this particular favorite rap, but the only person's who ever heard it was my sister."

"You wanna show me?"

"Nah!" Bryan was almost quick to say that. I'm still getting used to...performing. Putting my skills out there, I'm the second sibling, so my sister is always first. Even in church, she sings in the choir while I just sit in."

"Have you ever seen Let It Shine?" She asks him. Bryan looks at him, confused. "Who hasn't seen that movie?"

"And Cyrus took a stand to start publicly rapping even though he didn't think he had what it takes. The key to performing...is to believe in yourself. Don't care what anyone else thinks of you, focus on what you think. That's how I got this far."

"Huh, I oughta try that sometime." Bryan thought to himself. He never thought he was ready to show what he could do, Kourtney was the star of the family, but maybe there could be...2 stars.

If there's one thing I want in HSMTMTS season 3, it's definitely an EJ solo! He deserves it! He can do better than A Billion Sorry's. Everyone keeps underestimating my boy and what he can do when he could OUTSHINE Ricky, that's right, I said it. It needed to be said, Ricky's had the attention for too long, give some to EJ. And Bryan is gonna have his own musical moment by the end of this part, so be patient. What did you guys think of EJ's song? Please tell me. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.