Nighttime

Shuichi knocked on the door, and Kaito soon opened it for him.

"Come in! I was waiting for you." Kaito moved away so that Shuichi was able to get in.

"Thanks again, Kaito." Shuichi said.

"It's no problem, sidekick!" Kaito smiled. "We should probably get ready to sleep now."

"Yeah, we shoul-" Shuichi was cut off when Kaito started taking off his shirt. "Ah! Warn me before you do something like that!" He said, covering his face and closing his eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't think it would be a problem since we're both guys." Kaito apologized.

Kaito threw his shirt into his closet and lay on his bed. "Hey, are you going to get in? It's pretty late."

"S-sorry..." Shuichi started getting in the bed, blushing slightly.

Kaito covered himself with the blanket, closing his eyes. Shuichi was still flustered by all this, but soon fell asleep.

That night, when Shuichi would assume it was midnight, he felt an arm wrap around him and a body close behind him. "Eh?" He wondered what it was.

"Don't worry Shuichi... it's just me." Kaito said sleepily.

"U-uh... what are you doing?" He asked, blushing at Kaito's tired voice.

"You were shaking. I thought you might be cold." He responded, and then went back to sleep.

Shuichi loved how much Kaito cared for him. No! He thought. I can't get attached to another person soo easily... He didn't want to believe it, but deep down inside, he could feel butterflies in his stomach whenever Kaito would do stuff like this. Though, he didn't want something bad to happen to another loved one... he didn't want to feel how he did when Kaede died. He didn't want to love Kaito, but all these things he did for him made it hard not to fall for him. Shuichi tried to drown out those thoughts, but it was impossible.

Shuichi had fallen in love with Kaito Momota.