The Horror of the Real World

Shuichi took off his headset, looking for other people. The virtual world was fun, but he wouldn't want to go again. As he was walking, he realized that Miu had taken off her headset already, but from a back view, she looked... strange. Shuichi went up to her and found her lifeless body sitting in the chair, drying tears in the corners of her eyes and drool escaping her mouth. He stood there, wide-eyed as he looked at her. Who could have killed her? Why did they kill her? It was too much for him, and he just stood in front of her like an idiot as people came walking towards them.

      "Oh my gosh!" Tsumugi exclaimed in her usual soft voice.

      "Nishishi... looks like Miu was killed this time!" Kokichi said, as if this was a good thing.

       When everyone stared at Kokichi with disgust, he spoke again. "Oh come on. Nobody cared about her anyway."

       The students ignored Kokichi, waiting for the body discovered announcement to play. It was time for class trial 4. But this time, when Shuichi tried to find evidence, he didn't understand.

      "Nishishi..." Kokichi laughed. "Why don't I just tell you the truth here? Gonta killed Miu!"

      "What? Gonta not kill anybody!" Gonta cried.

      "Of course you did! I had you kill Miu before she killed me!" Kokichi snickered. "That's the truth of this case— Gonta Gokuhara killed Miu Iruma!"

      Shuichi had his mouth agape as the pieces started to fit together as Kokichi explained his plan and what Gonta had done. Could it be? Gonta actually killed Miu?

      "Gonta not know anything!" Gonta pleaded.

      "I'm tired of hearing you say you don't know! Just, make an excuse or something!" Kokichi said. "God, why are you so dumb?!"

      Shuichi was stunned. He didn't want to believe it, but there was proof that Gonta had killed Miu. He felt immense sadness as Gonta apologized. He even felt something when Kokichi started crying for Gonta, begging Monokuma to take him instead. Did he really think that he would be executed, or was this another one of his lies? He didn't know.

      "Oh well. I don't care about that dumb guy." Kokichi said after Gonta's execution.

      Shuichi could see Kaito filling with rage. He went to punch Kokichi, but ended up getting hit in the stomach and falling down.

      "Getting weak already? Is there something Kaito could be hiding from us too?" He sneered.

      But nobody cared about what he had to say anymore. Everyone rushed to Kaito's side, and Shuichi went up to Kokichi, angered at what he had done. The thing Shuichi said next made him feel bad, but he said it out of rage.

      "You're pathetic, Kokichi. Kaito always has us by his side, see? But nobody wants to be around you. You're alone, and you always will be."

      The face Kokichi made when he said that didn't look like anything he'd made before. It looked... somewhat sad. Shuichi regretted what he said, but still rushed to Kaito's side, caring for him as Kokichi left the room, laughing his annoying laugh.