The First Bus Ride

*Riley's POV*
I woke up, and it was 6:17 AM on a warm August day. It was the first day of school and I couldn't be any less excited. I mean I'm attending a brand new school In Norfolk, MA and I don't know anyone, I'm sure I will meet people and all but I'm antisocial and I'm not good at making friends.

I get dressed (I'm wearing a floral dress with black vans) and quickly run down stairs. It's now 6:44 AM and the bus comes at 6:50 AM. I guess I probAly should get going. I kiss my mom on the cheek and walk out the door.

6:48 AM. here I am standing at the bus stop, all alone. The bus finally comes and i quickly walk on. I see the looks and smirks of kids my age right when I walk on and i immediately feel like the biggest outcast. I sit all the way in the back and put my earbuds in.

A boy in front of me turns around and taps me on he shoulder. I take out my earbuds, and hear him say "Hi, My name is Jeffrey, what's yours?" followed by the cheesiest smile.

He had blonde hair, bright blue eyes, red and black braces and had the cutest little freckle on his left cheek.

"My name is Riley"

"Riley! Nice to meet you, are you new here? I've never seen you around"

"Yes, my mom got a job here in Norfolk, so we had to move"

"That's cool!"

"Yea"

"When we get to school I can help show you around if you want? Are you in 8th grade?"

"Yea I am. That would be great"

"Great"

Jeffrey blushed and turned back around.

Riley blushed and put her earbuds back in.

I've just met this boy, and I think I am developing a crush on him.