Ride Home

The day just went on and I didn't see Jeffrey till the bus ride home. I guess that means we don't have any more classes together, which kind of stinks. I didn't end up making any other friends but Julia ending up being in my D block, and she helped me get around for the rest of the day. I would say we are acquaintances and nothing really much. I could feel the tension with her.
I walked on to the bus and as soon a I sat down I heard Jeffrey.

"Hey there you are, I was looking for you after B Block! How was the rest of your day?"

"It was good! Julia ending up being in my D block and she helped me around the rest of the day."

"That's good, Julia has always been a sweetheart!"

He was blushing when he said that.

"Yea, a sweetheart alright." I snapped.

"Woah, did I say something?"

"Do you guys have a thing going on or something? I mean you're really close, and every time I'm around you or I'm around her she looks really mad and I can always feel tension. I felt tension with us the whole day."

"What no! We are just really good friends, that's all! She is always like that with people she doesn't know, don't take it personal.

I sigh. I can tell that she likes him.

I promise! and why would it matter if we were dating?"

"Nothing, I was just asking that's all."

"Okay. So how are you enjoying Norfolk Middle School so far?"

"It's alright. No one will talk to me besides you, and Julia I guess."

"It's only the first day, don't worry"

"Thanks for making me feel welcome, I really appreciate it."

"No problem Ri!"

It's so cute when he calls me Ri.

"It's so cute when you call me Ri" I said blushing.

"Really? " he said deeply.

"Yes!"

"Oh? Well you're welcome, I guess" he said even more deeply.

My stop was approaching, and I didn't know how to end the conversation.

"Jeffrey!" I screeched.

"Yes, haha what is it?"

"Um what is your phone number? So I can text you and stuff? I want to prove to my mom that I was capable of making friends the first day and you know to talk to my only friend!"

"It's (insert number here)!

I put it into my phone and add the 😛 emoji.

Nice emoji by my contact name Ri!"

"Thanks Jeff"

"it's cute when you call me Jeff" he said with that cheesy smile.

"I've never called you it before, until just now!"

"It's still cute, just like you"

We arrive at my stop. Wait. Did Jeffrey just call me cute? OMGIZZLE he did!

"Well here is my stop, see you tomorrow? I'll text you later tonight!"

"Okay, sounds good! See you later Ri"

"Bye Jeff! I say laughing.

I can admit, the first day of school was awesome. Except the fact that Jeffrey called me cute and all I said was "Here is my stop" What is wrong with you Riley. Get it together.