CHAPTER TEN - BEAU

This week has been endless

This week has been endless. I'm so ready for this mini break away with Sienna. I meet her at the airport, driving us to the villa before we both get into our swimwear and lounge around in the infinity pool.

It's still warm out this evening. The pool water just warm enough to be comfortable. Sienna swims to the edge, arms resting on the ledge to look out onto the miles of forest and ocean. My arms surround her from the side, body pressing close to her arm as she tilts her head for my lips to press gentle kisses down her neck.

"Look at this view," she whispers.

"I am," I murmur against her skin, opening my arms wide when she spins around to face me.

She pushes my chest with a smile. "I meant the scenery."

"Oh, yeah, that's beautiful too." I laugh when she snuggles against me.

"Smooth talker," she says, eyes glistening when she stares at me. The biggest grin on her face. "I missed you so much."

I push her wet hair away from her face, groaning into her kiss. "Me too, bubs."

When she wraps her arms and legs around me, we float in circles, singing along to the music floating out of the speakers. This is the life.

"I bought some whole sea bass this morning from the food market. Do you fancy it cooked on the barbecue? We can make a huge salad and fry some skinny chips?" I ask, stroking her face when she crosses her ankles behind my arse.

"Oh, yeah. Sounds delicious to me."

I swim us over to the edge to pass over a glass of wine, sipping on my beer as she takes delicate little sips of the sparkling rosé.

"Here, taste some," she says, tipping some into her mouth before placing her lips over mine and opening just enough for the liquid to pour inside mine.

I swallow it. "God."

She laughs. "What?"

"You know what," I reply, giving her a sip of my beer, leaning to kiss her shoulder. "Wait here. I'll just be a second."

Filling her glass up with sparkling wine before I go, I push out of the pool and grab the towel to rub off as I search for my books.

We haven't read to each other in so long, but these beautiful views while working this week and my loneliness without her have spiked my inspiration.

From the bar in the kitchen, I see Sienna floating around on her back, her chest pointing upwards as she uses her arms to move around in the water.

"What do you have there?" she asks, pulling herself out of the pool. Water dripping off her body. "Is that a book?"

Momentarily distracted by her beautiful body, I shake my head and force my feet her way. "I'm in the mood to read to you."

She grins happily. "Okay. Where do you want me?"