BONUS #1 DADDY ON THE JOB

BEAU

As soon as I walk through the door, a swarm of women run at me. Delilah is snoozing away as usual in her pushchair, my arms loaded with her nappy bag and my work hold-all.

"Is she sleeping?" Anna, who's my new, baby crazed agent asks, getting up in my space. "Ooh, I see her little face under the hood."

"Give me chance," I laugh, dumping my stuff near the changing room door, gently pulling back the push chair hood to reveal Delilah's snoozing face.

Look at that baggy bottom lip.

There's a collective gasp in the hallway, several people all crowding the push chair now. Jesus Christ. Give her some damn space. She's not a performing monkey.

I didn't know how out of touch people are with personal space until I became a dad. They just walk up to you and ask a million questions, acting like they're not a total stranger who's making you uncomfortable by trying to touch your kid.

"She's even more perfect than in the pictures," Anna says, touching my shoulder. "They're going to love her on set."

I booked this job with a clothing company called Eastside. They usually only make menswear, but announced a limited edition children's line too. After Anna called to tell me I got the job, she also mentioned they were interested in our baby being in the shoot too.

This will be my last job for a year. I wasn't going to take it, but when they offered some pictures with our little Delilah, I couldn't say no. I want to spend as much time as I possibly can with my family before the craziness of my job catches up with me again next autumn.

"Makeup are ready for you. You're welcome to leave little one with us," Anna sings, but I think she's crazy to think my baby isn't coming everywhere with me.

"No thanks," I say, aiming the pushchair towards the styling room, smiling at the artist who's setting up her section.

While the baby sleeps, which is very rare, I go cleanse my face in the sink, letting Aisha prep the rest of my skin. My eyes don't peel away from the pram for long, a deep sense of panic coming over me whenever she makes a noise.

I'm so damn protective over her and I still haven't worked out how to balance it all in my head yet. The past seven weeks have been glorious, don't get me wrong, but they've also been one hell of a wake up call.

I'm a dad now.

Crazy, right?

Our little person depends on us for everything and all I want to do is make her proud. It feels like my life's purpose.

"We better cover those dark circles up, dad," Aisha says, throwing me a gentle smile when I blow my cheeks out on a nod.

"For such a little thing, she makes a lot of noise," I say, lifting my eyes to the ceiling so she can press some orange cream on my skin.

Aisha chuckles. "Oh, I believe it. My little guy was the exact same. How's Sienna doing?"

"Amazing," I say, well aware of how sappy I sound. "You know, I didn't know I could love her anymore and then as soon as she gave birth, it all just intensified."

"It's a different kind of love, isn't it?" she says, grinning when I nod. "I felt the exact same way with my husband. I'm sure Sienna does too."

"We're still in our baby bubble. Nothing seems to faze us. Apart from the lack of sleep, of course," I reply, routing around for my phone in my jean pocket when a message from Sienna comes through.

She's getting her hair trimmed at the salon close to here, before coming up to watch us on set. I thought it would be nice for her to get away for an hour, realising just how much she needed the break when she burst into grateful tears.

"Ooh, Delilah is fussing. Looks like she's waking up," Anna says, having must of crept in here because I didn't see her come in.

She's right, though. Delilah is fussing, making loud squeaky noises. I'm up on my feet and hurrying over to reach in and collect her in my arms. My lips settle on her soft check, lifting her on my chest where she keeps on squeaking.

"The newborn curl," Anna says, clasped hands pressing against her chest. "Beau she's adorable. So tiny."

"Newborn curl?" I reply, hushing Delilah as she keeps on whining, probably missing her mummy. "It's okay, baby. Mummy is coming now. You hungry, huh?"

Anna hums, walking to stand at my back so she can look at Delilah's face. "It's when their legs haven't straightened out yet. They're bent up. It's so bloody cute. Can I have a hold, Beau. Please?"

I hesitate, not comfortable with passing her around right now. "Don't take this the wrong way, but we're very selective over who we let hold her. I'm going to have to say no. I'm sorry."

"No, don't apologise! I get it. I do. I'll just admire from afar," she replies, smiling like a looney in Delilah's direction.

Aisha shakes her head, laughing as she grabs all the things she needs to put makeup on my face, working like a pro around Delilah who is now happily snoozing against my chest.

"Is her hair falling out yet?" she asks, pointing the makeup brush at Delilah's wild hairdo.

There's mountains of ringlets.

"No. If anything, it's multiplying," I reply and she laughs.

My eyes draw to the doorway naturally, settling on Sienna who's happily watching us with her side resting on the doorframe. Holy fucking shit.

She's had her long hair cut to her shoulders and added in a fringe. Fuck. Sorry for swearing, but FUUUCK ME.

My jaw very nearly hits the floor and she takes that as her cue to step over here. "You look incredible. My god, Sienna."

Her fingers play with the choppy strands which now frame her face. "Im glad you like it."

My hand reaches out towards her, fingers sealing around her wrist to guide her towards me. "You look... wow."

"The pregnancy killed my hair, so we figured why not chop it off. Im so pleased I did now seeing your reaction," she replies, stroking my cheek before spying Delilah.

"Best decision you ever made. You're gorgeous, sweetheart." I'm a drooling fool.

Sienna practically skips over to the other side of the room to collect a chair, bringing it back over here so she can sit next to me.

"It's time for her feed," she says, expertly taking Delilah from me without making her cry, wrapping the cloth over them to start breastfeeding her.

After a good twenty minutes, I'm ready to get changed into the first outfit, everyone dying over the cute baby clothes. The tiny Peter Pan collar, blue, long sleeved dress is breaking my heart, it's so cute.

"We're matching it with white tights and ivory Mary Jane shoes," The stylist says and it's so perfect.

"Is that mini rabbits on the tights?" Sienna asks as she bounces Delilah in her arms.

"Yes," Anna says, rushing forward. She's like a woman possessed. "She is going to look so cute!"

The expression Sienna is pulling tells me she loves the outfits, enjoying every moment of choosing which ones she gets to wear. There's a massive box full of clothes, so it takes a while to search it.

"I'm happy with my choices. Don't let me look again otherwise we'll be here all day," Sienna says, stripping Delilah out of her soft pink baby grow to put her into the dress and tights.

It's a sight. Watching everyone crowd around just as Sienna finishes dressing the baby, a mixture of noises spilling from their lips.

This is going to be the send off I need, so very excited to be able to nurture and watch my baby change over the next twelve months with no distractions.

Dad life is fun.

...

I love writing bonus content!! 🥹

Thank you for reading!!

Look out for more insight into their world soon! ♥️