CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - SIENNA

Beau didn't take much to persuade me to accompany him to Manchester for work

Beau didn't take much to persuade me to accompany him to Manchester for work. We need to be as far away from Grimsby as possible right now. Off the trail.

Annabelle is also travelling down with us in the backseat of her Rang Rover Sport while Beau is in charge of driving us through the beautiful Peak District, having taken us the scenic route instead of the boring old motorway.

"It's so pretty out here, isn't it?" Annabelle says, crisp packets rustling from her finishing her packed lunch.

The miles of greenery are something else, along with the sheep feasting on the lavender patches that are dotted about. It's a hiker's paradise, and I suddenly feel the need to buy some new trainers to go walking myself, especially when I roll the window down and smell nature instead of smoke fumes.

I nod. "It's gorgeous."

"Do you remember coming out here as a kid with dad, Belle? We used to camp out near the car park coming up now," Beau adds, grinning at his sister through the rearview mirror.

She rests her hands on both our headrests to pull herself forward, reaching between us to grab some mints from the tub sitting in the drinks holder. "I do remember. Not sure you can call it camping in that luxury motorhome, though."

He chuckles. "Guess not. I wish they kept that thing."

"Me too! I only thought the same thing this morning. I would love to take it to Glastonbury next year," she says. 

I turn in my seat to get a better look at her face, noticing how she has a nose stud in today. "You got Glastonbury tickets?"

She nods. "Sure did. Our friend managed to seal four of them."

Lucky her. I swear those tickets are rarer than unicorn poop. "Amazing, babe. I'm jealous."

"I'm sure Beau will get some VIP passes or something if he begs hard enough," she replies, laughing when he shakes his head at her.

"Where do you reckon you'll stay?" I ask, knowing she will have all of the details down already. Outfits, too, I bet.

She sits back to mess around on her phone before handing it to me to show off the cute cottage. "We're renting this for a week. Going to make a little girl's holiday of it."

"Nice." The line of traffic ahead deflates me a little because I have been holding onto this wee for over an hour, and the pressure on my bladder is beginning to get painful. "Is there a service station nearby here?"

"Why?" Beau asks, looking at me in his oversized Gucci aviators and bright red baseball cap. "Do you need the loo?"

I nod. "Yeah, sorry. I probably shouldn't have drunk iced tea before we set off."

Reaching for my face, he caresses my cheek with his thumb while he navigates closer to the other cars up ahead. "I saw a sign for toilets about half a mile ahead. Can you hold on until then?"