CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT- BEAU*

I find Sienna attempting to change the bedding in our bedroom when I get back from work. And the sheets are winning. "Hey," I say, grinning when she turns to look at me from her position on the bed. Standing at the foot of the bed, she's bent over with her arms tangled with the duvet. "You having fun?"

She laughs, her beauty always catching me off guard. "Changing this enormous bed will be the death of me."

"We can't have that," I say, striding towards her to help get the cover over the duvet. "How did it go this morning?"

It's impossible to explain the joy I feel when she smiles. "Better than I thought... I was able to get some stuff off my chest. Ask questions I have always wanted to ask and see her as a person and not my cause for misery."

Making her giggle, I leap over and grab her into my arms, lifting and spinning her around in a circle before tossing her on the bed. She scrunches her nose and laughs when I bend to kiss all over her face, hands trailing her moving leg.

"Throwing your pregnant girlfriend on the bed?" She laughs joyfully.

My nose trails her sweet scent towards her soft earlobe, which I drag into my mouth. She gasps, fingers gripping my shoulders. "Our little bubba is safe inside of you."

Her tone is so incredibly soft. "Of course. Do you still want to keep the gender a surprise?"

"I'm happy to do what you want to do," I assure her, curling my hand around her jaw to stroke her cheeks.

She thinks it will add to the excitement, and I agree. Although our patience levels are pretty weak, I'm sure we'll cave and want to know way before the due date.

"I know you are, but it's what you want too," she replies, grabbing my hand to kiss the inside of my palm gently.

"Let's just play it by ear, okay? If we change our mind, we can reassess it," I say, stroking my nails over the thin material of her leggings.

At the end of the day, it's going to be special no matter if we know the gender or not. We're having a baby, a baby that will be equal parts of both of us, and to me, that trumps anything ever in this world.

She wriggles underneath me, reaching up to stroke my cheeks. "You look tired."

I hum. "It's been a long few hours at work. The photographer was a pain in the arse."

She makes this noise halfway between a coo and a snort, fingers still touching my face. "I'm sorry, baby. Do you fancy a nap? I'm shattered after today."

Now, a nap with my girl is definitely on my list for today. "Sure, bub's. Let me make the bed first."

After changing her into one of my tee's, I throw all the dirty bed sheets into the washing basket and sort out the fresh linen. By the time she strolls back in here, my long tee touching her calves and hair up in a messy bun, I'm pulling the duvet back and lifting her onto the bed.