CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - SIENNA

Beau plays with my hair as I sit between his legs while he chatters happily to his cousins sitting on the long couch

Beau plays with my hair as I sit between his legs while he chatters happily to his cousins sitting on the long couch. All the kids are here, which means there is a lot of noise, everyone trying to speak over the other.

Annabelle is sitting next to me, Fearne next to her, chatting animately next to their cousin Loretta. This family is so big. It's honestly slightly ridiculous.

Thirteen-plus people in one room equals absolute chaos, but when Beau slides his arms over my shoulders to lean forward and kiss my cheek, it all melts away.

"Let's sneak off," he whispers in my ear, grinning when I turn to view his cheeky face. "Take a look at the gardens?"

I grab his hand and let him pull me to my feet. "That'll be nice."

"Erm, and where are you two going?" asks Felix, who's currently wrapped around his girlfriend, Sadie, with a knowing smile.

Beau shakes his head. "You lot are giving me a headache. We're going for a walk."

"Oh, of course." He laughs, getting louder when Beau tells him to mind his business.

We bypass the living room where all the adults are gathered to sneak out of the conservatory door, shutting my eyes in peace as soon as the warm breeze wafts over my face.

"I love it out here at night," he says, pulling me closer when I wrap my arm around his waist. "Always did as a kid too."

"You can still hear the birds chirping, and it's eleven o'clock at night," I respond, understanding why he loves it so much.

The pebbles crunch under our feet once we hit the low shrubbery maze, swinging hands. "Bliss, right?"

"Definitely."

A small gust of wind washes over us, sending a shiver down my spine enough for him to wrap me in his arms. "I want to make friends from earlier," he says, nuzzling the soft bit between my neck and ear.

Without any guidance, I stop dead in our tracks, wrapping my arms around his waist to lay my head on his chest. "Me too. I hate fighting with you."

His eyes drift over my face and then the length of my body. A deep sense of arousal spilling into his features. "It just doesn't feel right. Friends?"

I nod. "Friends."

"Do you fancy a late-night dip in the river?" he says, guiding us towards the wooded area.

Thrown by his suggestion, I find myself answering in stuttered sentences, bursting into loud laughter the moment he links fingers and drags me towards the forest at the back of his grandparent's house.

"You said earlier that you thought relationships were supposed to be fun, and in a way, you're right. They are. Not always, but for the most part, and we have had enough crap thrown our way over the past however many weeks, so let's be stupid twenty-something-year-olds and do something fun," he says, beaming down at me.