Chapter 1

I sat up and looked around the room. I was home. I wiped the sheen of sweat off of my forehead and crawled out of bed. Not the best way to wake up but not every dream is a good one. I walked to my shower and turned it on hot. I watched the steam escape the shower head it seemed so much more relaxing that way with the steam hanging in the air.

 After I was done scrubbing up I got dressed in a yellow sun dress. I pulled my hair into a tight bun and put my favorite tiara on.

"Good heavens, you're ready! The world must be going crazy" Anne came in and chuckled. She walked with me to the large banquet room and wished me a very happy birthday. The 50 seat table was completely full of people and each smiled and bowed to me. Many were faces I had seen but I would never remember, I still thanked them all for attending.

"Happy Birthday Princess Rose" A young man greeted me with a small grin. He was handsome but his features were so familiar. I smiled and continued with the greetings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here is your final present sweetheart" My mother waved to someone to come. I smiled, I had already received 15 new dresses, 8 pairs of shoes, A Lamborghini specially imported, and a private Jacuzzi.

"We meet again princess Rose" The same young man that had first met me stood in front of me again but this time with a ring nestled in a small box laid out on his palm. My mother quickly followed him.

"This is William he is a duke from Nolla Island" She smiled at him and waited for my response. I tried to logically think about it even though my insides were turning and I felt dizzy. I was a princess and princesses don't flip out, but I don't want to be a princess so maybe I should just stop and tell them that I don't want this. But then people would think flipping out is okay. My brain fizzled out and all I could do was nod. William slipped the ring on my hand and held our hands in the air. The room erupted in claps and chatter.

"Well I suppose we have a month to get more acquainted" I nervously chuckled. He kissed my cheek and I blushed.

"Love at first sight" My mother smiled at us and then the cameras flashed like crazy. All of a sudden my life had taken a big turn and everybody wanted to know about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pick up my shoes" William pointed to his shoes which he had carelessly thrown in my room. William would be staying in the room next to mine so that we could become better acquainted before the wedding. My mother had so carefully pointed out that while William was welcome to visit my room he would be staying in HIS room so we would spend time together but not too much time together.

"You pick them up" I pushed him to the bed but he got right back up.

"I told you to pick up the shoes. Now Do It!" William was by no means an aggressive looking guy, he was taller than me, I assumed around 6'1" and he was fit but not strong. I picked up the shoes without any more arguing for the simple fact that maybe he would shut up. I was 18 now and I hardly felt any different although I felt like I was expected to be changed into a woman. They already wanted to marry me off!

"Here Dear" I sarcastically smiled at him but he frowned and pulled me to him. He kissed me roughly and I pulled back.

"Stop" I rushed out of the room and into my bathroom. I took my time and then walked out to see William was gone. I laid on my bed and started to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at the clock, 12:50 a.m. Yep, time to go. I softly got out of bed. I grabbed my already packed bags and stepped into the quiet and empty hall.

"Rose" I swiveled around ready to face William but it was Anne.

"What?" I frowned at her.

"What are you doing up?"

"I'm leaving" I huffed "Going on holiday"

"You can't leave! You're the princess" she gripped my arm tighter "Holiday? when did you think you'd come back!?"

"I will be back but I need a break, tell mom and dad that I'll be back but not for a little bit" 

Anne was still half asleep, she was yawning and mumbled most of her words. 

"It's not safe" Anne sighed already half asleep leaning against me.

"Goodbye Anne" I hugged her and I ran onto the roof, if the helicopter woke anybody it would only take them a few minutes to get up here. I ran and practically fell in as I was signaling the pilot to get out of here.

"Go!" I yelled to the pilot. We left in a big rush and I strapped myself in quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going to land?" The pilot asked calmly. I saw a large spot, free of trees just outside a city. I didn't want to draw attention so landing at an actual helipad was out of the picture. 

"There" I pointed to it and he obeyed. He dropped me off in the middle of some woods in the US. I started walking towards the lights of whatever city was there.