Chapter 16

I slowly opened my eyes to see Cooper, he looked so peaceful. It was so cute! I winced as my head started to slightly pound and my mouth felt bone dry. I laid my head back down and tried to remember last night. Oh yeah, my first real drink. I took it way too far, I don't think i'll drink again. Ugh! this hurts so bad. Cooper shifted a bit and sighed contentedly, I bit my lip and thought for a second. I smiled and bent down and kissed him softly on the forehead.

"you're too cute" He murmured opening his eyes to smile at me. I blushed and looked at his lips for a brief second. He sat up and kissed me again. His soft lips stayed on mine and moved with mine, he pulled away and tucked some hair behind my ear.

"You feeling okay?" He asked.

"I guess so, i have a bit of a headache" I admitted.

"I'll get some advil" He got up and walked down the hall. I heard my phone ringing so I picked it up.

"Hello?" I grumbled.

"Hello beautiful" someone purred.

"Carter?"

"Yep"

"How did you get my number?" I hissed.

"Last night after about your third shot" He chuckled.

"I really don't want to talk right now" I sighed.

"Aw come on cutie" he whined.

"You know i'm Coopers right? It's more than i'm just staying with him"

"Yeah but you'll realize he can't give you the things I can" he purred.

"Goodbye" I sighed and hung up.

"You're mine?" Cooper smiled from the doorway. I gasped, he'd heard that? I couldn't say anything I just blushed.

"Um, I mean I just said it to get rid of him but only if you want me to be" I looked at my hands.

"Of course I do" He smiled and lifted my chin gently so I had nowhere to look but up at him.

"Here" He dropped 2 pills in my hand and I gratefully swallowed them and drank the water he brought.

"I have to go to work but i'll be off by 5 today" he sighed.

"Okay i'll stay here and wait for you." I kissed his cheek and watched him leave to change. I realized I was still in my bra and panties so I got up and got dressed.  I heard Cooper coming down the hallway so I went to my doorway and hugged him before he left. I was hungry so I looked in the kitchen, I saw a little container that said kraft macaroni on it, it had instructions on the side. I followed the instructions properly and to my surprise it was pretty simple. I ate it slowly then went into my room and read Dewy. I tried to mentally prepare myself for 7 boring hours.

*5 hours later*

(knock, knock)

My eyes flashed open, I had fell asleep on the couch. I looked at the clock.

4:10

Maybe Cooper came home early! I looked out the window, but instead of Cooper I saw two men in black suits with sunglasses on. They looked official and stood absolutely still at the door waiting. But I didn't dare answer, soon they left talking amongst themselves. Before they got into the car I saw them take a picture of the house, the flash only lasted a brief second then they sped away. I shivered, they looked just like the bodyguards I used to have. No! how could they even know where I was. I flipped back on the couch my mind felt better but now I just couldn't calm down. The anxiety of them being so close was driving me insane and lead me to paranoia that they would come back. Finally Cooper walked in with a smile on his face. When he saw me huddled up at the end of the couch he went to my side.

"Are you okay? Whats wrong?"

"Um nothing I was just watching a scary movie and it freaked me out" I smiled weakly. He seemed to buy that.

"What were you smiling about?" I asked growing more comfortable as he hugged me.

"Well Mike invited us to have dinner with him and Kira but we won't go unless you want to, you still look pretty pale" He worriedly looked at me.

"I'd love to"

"Great! I'll call Mike back" He smiled.

"Wait let me change" I stood up and went to my room.

"Not unless your feeling good" Cooper followed me but stopped in my doorway.

"I'm fine Cooper, I just got scared" I put on a confident face and started changing.

"In front of me?" Cooper raised an eyebrow.

"I'm just changing and you happen to be there" I winked and continued to undress. He watched me and just smirked. Finally I had on my little black dress that fell to my knees and had black sequin diagonal stripes on the top half. I slipped on dark blue flats and went into his bathroom to apply the little makeup I had bought. We finally left around 6 and headed just a ways out of town to Harry's, a restaurant that screamed fancy from the valet waiting out front to the simple elegant gold laced sign. I stepped out but right before we got to the front door Cooper pulled me against him.

"I just want to tell you, that you look amazing" He smiled and kissed my forehead and we walked hand in hand inside. I had butterflies in my stomach, I had no idea who this Kira was but I really wanted to get along with her and Coopers touch was raising my temperature too.