Chapter 6

"I took most of my lunch break to make sure you didn't burn down my house" He laughed "But i see it's still standing"

"Well,  you are gonna have to have more faith in me than that" I frowned and stood up. 

"Well it's hard to have trust when you didn't even know what a spatula was, when's the last time you cooked?" He ran his hand through his hair and looked at the floor.

"It's been awhile okay? But um some man came in your house and brought a microphone piece" I put my finger to my lips as i tried to remember his name, but he never told me a name.

"Oh! Max came by" He smiled and went to his room. I closed the door and slipped my blue dress on, one of the few garments I had brought with me. I saw Cooper rush by the door just as i was opening it.

"Wait! I'm coming with you" I yelled behind him. I rushed to find my other wedge. Once i had found it, I walked to Cooper who was by the front door.

"No" He glared at me.

"Why Not?! I have nothing to do all day!" I stamped my left foot and felt a small pain in my ankle.

"it's a bad idea" He shook his head.

"It is not, i need something to do, just drop me off in town or something" I crossed my arms.

"Clean this place?" He smiled and started going out the door but i stopped him.

"I don't clean"

"Fine!" he yelled and marched out the door. I quickly followed after I shut the door and slowly got into his small car.

"This is your transportation?" I looked around in disgust. It was older and had black leather that was a bit worn. It smelled like Pine and Gasoline.

"Yes! It's a 2010 mustang, I know people that would die to have this car" He smiled at the car and then started the humming engine. Our limo back home didn't make a sound.

"Here" Cooper handed me 60 dollars as we stopped at the entrance of a big mall.

"Whats this for?" I looked at the crumpled money in my hand.

"It's just to be nice go, buy some clothes" He gestured to the huge mall "I'll be back in an hour" He drove the car away and left me standing at the mall. I'm lucky I knew what it was. I started walking to the door and opened it, suddenly I was hit with the heavy smell of sweat. The smell passed after I got farther in the mall. The first store i stopped in was called Wet Seal. It was an odd name but looked fashionable. I looked around for maybe 15 minutes and settled on a t-shirt that said Love in big red letters, a pair of size 4 denim shorts, a blue and white striped tang top, 2 pairs of denim capris, and a gray t shirt. That came to 40 dollars. Only 40! Wow!

"Excuse me" a young girl about a few years younger than me tapped my shoulder.

"Yes" I looked at her.

"Are you a movie star?" I gave her an odd look. 

"No" I smiled.

"You look just like the girl from the disney movie on TV" She was blushing and said sorry after that which I just said thank you to.

I spent awhile at the food court after that. I was looking around at each person.  I found a bank that would exchange my money and I was very happy to find out that the american dollar was of significantly less value to our dollar which meant that although I only brought 200 Miva pounds I got 380 american dollars. 

There was a salon close to the bank and it occurred to me that it might be a good idea to change a few things about my appearance.

"Hi" A young girl was waiting with me at the salon.

"Um hi" I smiled at her, she was about my age with blonde hair and a pudgy face.

"So whatcha doing to your hair?" she was obviously trying to start a conversation.

"Blonde highlights" I smiled, i had dark brown hair a little below my shoulders, it's time to make a change.

"cool, i'm just getting mine cut" The girl set her magazine down.

"So whats your name?" I continued the conversation, i need someone to talk to.

"Krista" she pulled her purse out from under her.

"I'm Alex, before you go, i'm kind of new in town do you want to exchange numbers and get coffee or lunch sometime?" I saw the hair lady point for Krista to come.

"Sure, you ready for it?"

"Yep"

"785-219-6484" she waved goodbye. I smiled, my first contact. I had just bought the phone after I exchanged my money and it was already coming in handy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Thanks for supporting me so much. I've been trying to update frequently. Oh! and before i go i just want you to know that I'm gonna start supporting other books on here, like shout outs for my other friends. I think I'll start now! :)

Unwillingly

By: AEfannumber1

Anyway if any of youz want a shout out then fan me or comment or leave a message and i'll promote all your books :)

Member I loves you all!

Byeeeeee