[24]-That pleading look

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Hope you all are enjoying my book so far.

Please listen to this beautiful song. It is so underrated but I still love it.

So this chapter has an entire scene in flashback which is written in Italics. Don't get confused.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

1st draft - 06/06/2022

Completed-09/08/2022

Published-10/08/2022

We were right now heading to her home and the ride was silent

"Did you enjoy today?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"I really did, thank you so much Adarsh sir," she said with a wide smile.

"You look beautiful with that gorgeous smile of yours. You should smile often, Sophia," I said, changing the gear of my car while still looking at her.

"You Adarsh sir should look in the front while driving or it could lead to an accident," she said with an impish smile and I chuckled.

Looking ahead, I said, "You know it has been a while since I came here."

"Why?" she asked and I could feel her looking at me.

Still staring ahead, I said, "Since the time Akash went to a different city for his higher studies and me being busy since two years with uncle and dad, training under him to take up this position, we could never find time."

"Sir, can I ask you something, if you don't mind?" she asked.

"Of course, anything," I said glancing at her sideways.

"I...it's a little personal, I hope you do not mind me asking," she said, a little hesitant.

"Of course not, Sophia. You can ask me anything," I said, smiling at her.

"Ummm...wasn't Akash sir supposed to take up the CEO position?" she asked and I stiffened in my seating position.

I think she saw me being uncomfortable.

"I...I am sorry sir. I didn't...I shouldn't have asked it. Please forget that I even uttered anything," she added quickly.

"No Sophia, it's nothing like that. I think it's time I tell you the conversation that we had when he cracked the engineering competitive exam four years ago," I said.

We were right now in uncle's study.

Everyone including mom, aunt, dad and me were seated on the couch while bhai was seated opposite to uncle, behind his huge oak desk while uncle was seated on the recliner.