[27]-Do you trust me?

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Hope you all are enjoying my book so far.

Chapter dedicated to one of my constant readers Sasanka54

Thank you so much for giving me the name 'Soph' which I'll start using from now.

Also, it's the birthday of one of my constant readers khuskhus03

A very happy birthday my dear. May all your wishes come true.

Also, please listen to this beautiful song...especially the whistle part.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

1st draft - 16/06/2022

Completed-19/08/2022

Published-20/08/2022

"Adarsh," I screamed and dashed to him

Before the truck could hit him, I pushed him away and the impact of the force was so huge that he fell on the nearby bush and I landed on top of him.

We both were panting heavily but then his eyes searched mine and he frantically started looking over at my face and then he flipped me around, now him being on top of me.

"Soph," he said and started checking my body.

My heart was still racing, probably because of the adrenaline rush.

"What happened, Adarsh?" I asked, not sure what he was searching for.

"Are you hurt?" he asked, cupping my face and I shook my head.

"Oh fuck Soph," he cursed loudly, making me flinch.

Standing up on his wobbly legs, he kept his hands in front of me and bobbed his head up and down.

Taking his hands in mine, he helped me stand up and then hugged me tight.

"Are you mad," he asked and hugged me really very tight.

I hugged him back and he kissed my hair numerous times.

"Are you fine?" he asked, breaking the hug and caressed my cheeks while looking straight into my eyes.

"Yes," I said in a hoarse voice.

"Why did you do it? What if something would have happened to you?" he asked.

"I couldn't let anything happen to you," I said and his eyes softened.

"I am not worth your care, Soph," he whispered, still caressing my cheeks.