Chapter 07 - The Elven Council

ARTHUR LEYWIN

“Is all of this really necessary?” I grumbled, leaning closer to study myself in the mirror while the horde of maids completed the finishing touches.

The figure standing in front of me wore an opulently decorated silver robe made of the finest silk, with a matching pair of trousers lined with violet trimmings that complimented my glowing lavender eyes. My pearl-white hair was tied loosely behind the back of my head, held together by a golden ornamental pin.

Virion smirked, stroking his long beard and inspecting my attire from head to toe as he nodded in approval. “Of course it is, brat. It isn't every day that the entire Elven Council gathers to meet a single person, let alone a human child.”

“I understand, but it looks... a bit ostentatious. Perhaps a more simple robe—”

“Sir Arthur, believe it or not, I'm the best silk weaver in the entire city of Kalberk; wearing clothes designed exclusively by me is considered an honour even among the royal family and noble houses.” The eccentric designer cut in as he haughtily combed back his slick grey hair with his fingers, drawing frowns from the team of maids.

“Yes, Arthur does feel 'honoured,' Laylack. Now, I'm sure my little disciple wasn't your only client for the day, so are you done?” The designer flinched under his gaze, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He looked at us silently for a moment, as if processing why he came here in the first place.

“Ah, yes! Please accept my apologies, Elder Virion. It would be quite impolite to keep the young princess Tessia waiting, then I shall take my leave.” Grandpa Virion's brow twitched impatiently as he simply shooed him away with his hand, rubbing his temple in annoyance.

“Well, can't complain about his 'work' but the guy is sure interesting.” I chuckled, looking at Laylack's fleeing reflection in the mirror. My old mentor snorted, lazily sinking back into the thick cushion of the wooden armchair as he held up his glass before taking a large gulp of his drink.

“Tsk, the whole family is a bunch of clowns. If you found this guy interesting, then wait until you meet his mother. That old fox would've turned you into her personal dress-up doll by now. Thankfully, she's busy with Alduin and Merial at the moment. Dear lord... I've never seen him be this excited while designing clothes for someone.” He grumbled as poured himself another drink.

“Well, I guess I'm quite popular.” I said smugly, holding up an imaginary glass in toast as I stepped out of the viewing area. “For the time being, I just hope that I don't look like some peacock noble in this ridiculously expensive outfit.” I muttered, fluttering my long sleeves like the wings of an ornamental bird, as the old elf and the crowd of maids broke into laughter.

“Bah! That should be the least of your worries, brat. You don't believe me? Ask these women. Hell, I'm more concerned about Tessia right now, just the sheer amount of competition she needs to fend off tonight because of you...” Letting out a weary sigh, I looked at the team of maids who were staring at me with sparkles in their eyes.

“He's right, Sir Arthur. You look like a dashing young prince! Don't you think so too, girls?” The head maid spoke up first, and the rest of the maids nodded enthusiastically in unison.

Regis let out a loud groan inside my head. 'Well, well, well, look at this mesmerizing sight in front of us. You've even got your own harem now. Can't you fucking control your whoremones, you child-size casanova?’

'I don't even know what their names are, you pervert. Stop making stupid assumptions for no reason, Regis.'

'Tsk, if only I were you—'