Return of the Snake

Junior's POV

I ran as fast as I could into the city. The others could barely keep up with me as I slid down the slope that lead to the caverns. 

"Uh, guys?" I stared at at a pink glow. "You better come down here."

They all came down and stared too. Sami was...floating? No, that couldn't be right. Just then, we all heard a low growl coming from Sami. 

"S-Sami?" I whispered.

The growl soon turned into a loud roar as a giant, green snake with haunting purple eyes rose up from the ground. It glared at us and hissed. 

"Is that..." but before A could finish her sentence, Pythor screamed, "IT'S THE GREAT DEVOURER!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Then he started slithering as fast as he could toward the cave entrance. 

Luckily, Nix stopped. "Pythor! Will you stop and think for a minute?! Sami's gone! That snake must've ate her!"

I looked at the snake. "YOU ATE MY SISTER?!?!"

The snake shook its head as the eyes changed from purple to pink. "Guys! It's me!" it shouted at us. "It's me, Sami!"

Then the snake roared again as it slowly dissolved into venom and Sami plopped to ground. 

I that three words to describe that moment. What. Just. Happened. 

Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble figuring out what happens next. If you have any suggestions please put them in the comments. It would be a big help. Thanks!