Failed Assassination

"Ah, here you are. The exchange student from Snezhnaya," the twins mocked when Ajax just landed on the chair. He growled.

"I had my heat last week, okay?"

"Oh, that makes sense since you emitted pheromones, along with alpha," Lumine said. Ajax stared at her.

"What did you say?"

"You didn't realize your alpha rubbed his scent on you?" Aether asked. Ajax sniffed on his body and blushed hard. The twins smirked.

"Woah, your alpha is the best at hiding his scent, eh?"

"Shut up! Ugh, you two are getting my nerve," he yelled. They suddenly sealed their lips when professor walked in with a tablet on his grip. Ajax's face turned pale when he saw his face.

"Morning, everyone. Since Professor Yanfei is on holiday, I'll be your temporary professor. My name is Zhongli, I hope we can work together."

He caught his gaze and winked at him, but Ajax stayed in his poker face while cursing him.

"You son of a bitch."

###

"...do you know professor Zhongli?" Aether asked. Ajax ignored his question while enjoying his pasta. "Oi, are you deaf?"

"No, I don't know him," he lied.

"Hoo? Maybe he winked to the girls behind us?" Lumine asked. Ajax shrugged.

"Why are you so interesting in that professor?" Ajax asked.

"Why, he's handsome right? Or should I say he's perfect," Lumine replied. Ajax scoffed.

"Perfect? Pfft, he's just..." he stopped his words and realized he almost blurted out the fact he knows him. The twins stared at him.

"He's just what?" Aether asked.

"You know him, don't you?" Lumine suspected him. Ajax swayed his hand.

"No way, girlie. I have no relations with..."

"Are you Childe?" someone asked. He turned and nodded. "Professor Zhongli wants to meet you."

"Do I have some businesses with him?"

"He didn't say anything about it. Better ask him," he replied. Ajax sighed.

"Later after finishing my lunch," he said. The man left as soon as he done, but Ajax casually eating. The twins blinked.

"Wow, you dare to eat when the professor summoned you?" Lumine asked.

"Who cares? I'm starving," he replied. After he finished his lunch, he stood up and stared at Aether.

"What?"

"Where is his room?" Ajax asked.

"Ah, go straight this corridor, turn left, the second door is his room," he answered. Ajax walked based on his direction and reached his office. When he opened the door, he witnessed his wicked side. He and a woman flirting on the table and half naked. He felt disgusted.

"You called me, Professor?" he called. They turned at the same time and the woman hurriedly fixed her clothes, then ran away from that place. Zhongli only wiped his lips.

"Ah, yeah right. I did call you ten minutes ago, why you just came here?" he asked.

"I'm lost," he lied. Zhongli tilted head a little and sighed. He crooked his finger to ask him closer. Ajax held a small knife behind his sleeve and walked closer. When Zhongli turned his back, Ajax took that chance to stab him right on his left chest.

"...ah, it hurts," he said monotone. Ajax shocked and stepped back, watched him turned only to face him with a wicked smile.

"You stabbed my heart, eh? Too bad, I won't die easily like that," he said while pulling it harshly. "Do you think I will let myself defenseless?"

He threw the knife and jumped toward the ginger man, then caught him. Ajax released his punch, but Zhongli managed to block it.

"Little fox, who are you?" he asked.

"Just a mere student, Sir," he replied and kicked his leg. Zhongli walked back, but he couldn't avoid the other kick to his face. He grinned while wiping the blood on his edge of lips.

"Damn, even though you're just an omega, you're strong than I thought."

"Thanks for the compliment, but it's not over yet," he replied. He grabbed the vase and threw it, but Zhongli destroyed it only with his fist. He didn't realize Ajax was closer than before and landed a punch right on his face.

"Heh, interesting. I want to dominate you now," Zhongli smirked as he emitted his pheromones. Ajax stepped back far away and covered his nose.

"Damn it," he cussed.

"Ah, Childe, my little fox. You're really bad at lying. Tell me your purpose, sweetie," he said sweetly, but Ajax knew he won't let him go.

"I have no obligation to obey you," he rejected. Zhongli chuckled.

"Oh, I know that very well. Soon, you'll tell me," he said while pulled him closer and pecked his lips. "Strawberry? Did you put lip gloss on your juicy lips?"

"I did, so I can kiss anyone I want," he replied while pushing him. His breathe unstable and his face flushed. Zhongli's face turned sour.

"Who said you can kiss anyone you like? You're mine," he growled. Ajax smirked.

"Yours? Really? You didn't mark me, stupid alpha," he mocked and pointed a gun.

"It's useless," he reminded.

"Well, let me try..."

Knock! Knock!

"Professor Zhongli, are you in there?"

Ajax slipped his gun back while Zhongli fixing his clothes.

"Sorry, I'm a bit... occupied here. Come back later in half hour!" Zhongli said. After they made sure no one outside, Zhongli wrapped his waist.

"Kh! Get away!"

"...okay," he let him go and smirked. Ajax tried to fill his lungs and growled. Zhongli stopped his pheromones and opened the windows.

"Let's have dinner tonight, I'll treat," he offered.

"No, I am busy," he said while walking out of the room. Zhongli laughed hard and call someone.

"Tsaritsa is moving. I want you to send a gift for her. Let's see...how about a dog's head?"

Everyone kept a distance when Ajax passed them. At first he didn't notice, but slowly he was curious with their odd behavior. When he saw the twins and came closer, they flinched.

"Dude! Stay away!" Aether warned.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

"Are you dumb? Your alpha's pheromones are intimidating us, idiot," Lumine said. Ajax shocked and realized his scent sticking on him.

"Fuck!" he yelled.

"What did you do with your mate? His pheromones looks... dangerous, as if he's angry," Lumine asked.

"...none of your business," he said as he walked away, but he stopped as he realized something.

"...how the hell he still alive? He didn't wear anything behind his...oh, damn. What did Signora hide from me?"