Taste of Hell

Venti's face turned pale as he saw the awakened demon from his old friend. Zhongli threw his gloves and grabbed a long burning iron from the fire pit, not far  enough from his place. He smirked and glanced at the terrified man.

"Say, Barbatos. What will happen to your mortal body if I stab you with this?" he asked sweetly.

"Morax, put down that dangerous thing, will you? We can discuss this, okay?" Venti begged. Zhongli chuckled.

"Discuss? Did you discuss this matter when you abducted him?" he replied sarcastically. Venti's cold sweats streaming down. He swirled the iron and pointed right on his nose till he heard a scream from his lips.

"You're noisy today, Barbatos."

"How the hell I am not, damn old lizard! Move that thing away from me!" 

"This? No way, idiot. I will do the same, nah, the worst you ever had for my omega's sake," he smirked. With one thrust, he managed to sink that iron right on his right eyes and the scent of burnt meat slowly filled his nostril. The sound of sizzling was his music, along the cussed words he uttered. He pulled it out and grinned as he witnessed the masterpiece on his eyes. Dried blood sticking on his cheek.

"You monster!" Venti yelled.

"If you didn't hurt him, maybe you won't experience this hell, right?" Zhongli said. "Don't be a crybaby, you can heal it soon."

He pierced one more, right on his left thigh, till it made a hole. Another scream slipped out of his dried lips, but he didn't care at all. Zhongli yanked his hair and cut it in one swift, then threw it into the fire pit. Venti gritted his teeth and spat in his face, but the dragon didn't do anything. He wiped it with his handkerchief and wrinkled it.

"Hah...hah...he's not...your omega, damn...old lizard," he mocked. Zhongli turned his eyes into beast's eyes.

"Not my omega? You didn't catch my scent on his body, or perhaps you were in flu?"

"...just...your scent...is...meaningless."

Zhongli withdrew another knife from his pocket and stabbed his stomach. However, he slit it faster to let the guts crawled out. Blood flowing fast and reached his shoes. Venti only panted and growled, he couldn't utter any words after Zhongli drained all of his energy. He released his angry pheromones to suffocate him.

"I won't forgive you, Barbatos. You hurt him, that means you ask for a war," he said. Venti lifted his face to show his healed eye and laughed madly. Before Zhongli successfully stabbed him, he kicked his leg and broke the ropes, then recovered his guts to its place. He forcefully took out the knife and the iron, then dropped them. He emitted his pheromones to against the  alpha.

"Say, Morax. You once let your omega died in a war, then you decided to not having one till the end of your life. Now you suddenly have interest in a young man, especially a mortal? Are you gone mad?"

"Don't mention anything about Guizhong, Barbatos."

"What? Did I tear your old wound?"

Zhongli was about to swing his claws, but Venti tossed the chair to slow his move. He twirled the iron and flung it right on his forehead, yet he caught it before it touch him. He glared at him.

"Don't see me like that, Morax."

"You..." his words stopped as his ringing phone broke the ambience. He glanced to see the screen displayed his omega's name. Hurriedly, he answered it.

"What is it, little fox?"

"...suddenly I miss you. Go home now," he begged. 

"I still have works left to do. Give me a half hour, okay?" he said. 

"Fine. If you're late, I'll slice your throat," he sulked. He put down his phone and stared at the turquoise man with a mischievous smile.

"Awww, your little fox wants you home now?" he teased. Zhongli only looked at his claws and summoned a spear. Venti stepped back.

"Man, are you serious to kill me with that weapon?" he yelled. With all his might, he threw it toward Venti and brought him sticking on the wall. He walked closer and lifted his chin. 

"Don't pretend to die, Barbatos. I haven't used my power," he said.

"Man, even though, you managed to drill me like this," he replied. He shifted his hands back to normal and was about to wear his gloves, but they were dirty caused of the blood. He tossed into the fire and fixed his coat. 

"My subordinates will finish you soon," he threatened as he walked away, then looked at his shoes with doubt.

"...I should clean myself before going home."

###

Zhongli came back with new clothes and found the omega was waiting for him with a doll in his arms. His face sulked.

"I'm back, little fox," he greeted. Ajax tilted his head and came closer, then sniffed around the amber man with curiosity over his head. He let him and enjoyed the scene, yet he was nervous when he sulked more.

"The cheap soap of the hotel, eh? Bet you just had fun with some bitches," he accused. 

"No, you're wrong. I didn't...have fun...uhhh, mind dropping that dangerous stuff on your hand, little fox?" he said as he saw him drawing out a cutter from behind the doll. 

"...why I acted like this?" he murmured. He threw the doll and jumped on him, then pointed it on his neck with messed pheromones he emitted. "Why?! I'm not even your mate!"

Zhongli slowly reached his cheek, but he slapped it away with hatred shown in his gaze. He gritted his teeth and slammed the floor.

"Why?!"

Zhongli didn't say anything, but steadily released his calming pheromones to soothe Ajax. He lifted his head and sniffed, then growled lowly. Zhongli smiled a little and kept releasing to make sure he felt safe around him. 

"Little fox, I didn't cheat on you."

"...what a stupid thing I did," he said as he got off him and dropped the cutter. "Sorry, Zhongli. Guess I was lost sense today."

"Childe, wait. It's common for an omega with..."

"You're not my mate, Morax. What we did back then was a mistake," he cut him harshly. "I'm your enemy, that's all."

He grabbed his jacket and walked away, as Zhongli only watched his back with a grim face.