Dilemma

Ajax tried to hold his scream only to see him desperate, but he couldn't stop thinking about his baby.

'I am sorry, my child. Please bear with me for a while. I want to test him.'

"Childe, put that dangerous thing from your neck," he demanded. Ajax smirked.

"Why, Zhongli? Afraid to lose your sex toy?" he offended. Zhongli lowered his hands.

"I never treat you as my sex toy, Childe. Please calm down and let's talk, okay? Lower that glass, Childe," he soften his voice. Ajax shook his head.

"Let me go first," he said. Zhongli walked back and opened the door, then placed his clothes on the bed. Ajax hurriedly dressed up and walked away, then threw the shattered glass toward him. Zhongli let it scratched his face.

"My Childe, take care of yourself and good night," he said. Ajax only nodded and left, then hugged himself.

"It's okay, it's okay. You'll be fine, my child," he murmured. After Ajax left, Zhongli dialed Xiao.

"Yes, my Lord?"

"Find me someone important for Childe and bring him to me," he ordered in cold tone.

"...and do you know who is he?" he asked to verify.

"If I know him, I won't ask you to find him. I'll drag him to the harbor. Am I clear enough?"

"My apologies, my Lord. I'll find him immediately," he said. Zhongli ended the call and threw himself on the sofa with irritated gaze.

"Who the hell is the most important person beside him? Fuck off. I won't let him stay around him," he grumbled. "...but what am I in his eyes?"

He glanced at the drawer, directly to the vase filled with a bunch glaze lilies. His hand reached and took one, then sniffed on it.

"Guizhong, it's really funny. You said we only have a mate in our eternal lives, but why...Childe could make me want him? Aren't you my mate?" he talked to himself. "Weird, I don't love him, yet I want him to always stay beside me. Childe, why you choose that man than me?"

He crushed the flower and bit his lip till bleeding, yet he didn't feel the pain. He threw it and grabbed his coat, then left his house.

###

"Are you serious you won't say anything to your alpha? I mean, you're carrying..."

"Oh shut up, Aether. You ruined my mood," Ajax shut him up using a slice of bread. He only managed to fill his stomach with a bowl of cereal with milk because of his morning sickness. Lumine placed a vacuum bottle right before him.

"Pregnancy milk is good for you. My friend gave it to me," she said. Ajax stared at thing for a while, then grabbed it.

"Thanks. To be honest, I don't know whether to abort or raise it. It's a hard decision," Ajax confessed.

"...I know a doctor who can help you if you want to abort it," Aether said.

"Brother!"

"Lumine, it's his choice. If he really wants to eliminate the fetus, we can't stop him," he reminded.

"But..."

Ajax bit his lip and trembled. Hearing him said those words scared him. He could kill anyone he wants, but he couldn't kill his own flesh, his only survived fetus inside his barren womb. He touched his stomach.

"I want to...get rid of it but I don't want to lose it. What should I do?" he said desperately. Lumine held his hand gently.

"Childe, it's must be hard for you. It's your body, your responsibility. Do what you see fit," she said. Ajax slowly let the tears falling down on his cheeks and sobbed. They patted him to calm him down and cheered him.

"How about we skip our class and go somewhere?" Lumine said.

"Are you sure?" Aether reconfirmed.

"Well, I can't let him down like this. After all, he needs to relax for his mind and body," she said. Aether thought for awhile and nodded.

"Okay, I'll get the car first," he decided. After Aether left, Lumine wiped his tears.

"It's my opinion, no need to think deeply about it. I wish you raise the baby, Childe. After all, the baby is innocent and I know you're a kind person," she said. Ajax let a fake laugh slipped.

"Me? A kind person? You don't know me well, Lumine. I...am not that nice," he said. Lumine smiled.

"I once saw you cheered a lost toddler while helping him find his mother and I know you're good at handling kids."

"That's...just a coincidence," he denied. They stopped talking as Aether came back.

"Come on, let's leave this place before someone catches us," Aether said. They didn't know someone was tailing them with a curious gaze.

###

Aether parked his car right in front of a small shop. The scent of sea and the breeze wind greeted them. Ajax popped out his head and smiled widely.

"Oh! Beach! It's been a long time I ever visit this place," he excited. They walked to the white sand and took off their shoes to feel the texture of the sand. Several people were sunbathing and others were having fun in their own.

"Glad you like it. Lucky Liyue has the best beach in Teyvat. Ah, I will buy some refreshments for us. You want something?"

"Water will be the best," Ajax replied. The twins left him alone, while the ginger man enjoyed the scene and took a deep breath. He walked a bit closer to the sea and saw a small family were playing sand castle not far from here. Their happy faces struck in his heart. His gaze dimmed as the tears blocked his sight. He felt suffocated and his legs went numb. Before he fell down, a strong arm held him. He turned his head to see a man with long blonde hair half naked right behind him.

"Ah, you okay, Sir? You look pale," he asked. Ajax nodded and pushed him away.

"Sorry and thank you. I need to be alone now," he replied and dashed away leaving the man. He reached a cave with a small pond filled with various fish inside it. He dipped his legs and leant on the rock with tired expression.

"Mom, I miss you," he murmured. "I want to go back to Snezhnaya."

As if he heard his wish, the fetus kicked his tummy and shocked him. Ajax looked at his swollen stomach and patted it.

"You want to go to Snezhnaya, lil baby? Ah, what am I saying?" he murmured. He sighed and caressed the bump.

"My child, do you want to alive, even though I won't be a good parent for you?" he asked. The fetus kicked again. His tears bursted out.

"Ah, ah," he sobbed and hugged himself. His doubts slowly evaporated as he cried.

He already made a choice.