Farewell, Morax

"...you said what?" Aether shocked to the point he almost dropped his phone. Ajax sighed.

"I said, I will leave this place soon," he repeated. The blonde man pinched his nose bridge.

"After everything happened you suddenly going to drop out? Are you lost your senses?"

"...there is something important I have to do."

Aether let a disapproval sigh, but patted his hand as the support.

"I pray for your fate, Childe. Don't forget me and Lumine," he said. Ajax smiled.

"Of course, you're my friends. Sorry I can't tell this to Lumine, I'm afraid she'll start nagging me."

"To be honest I'll do the same, but I guess it won't work on you. So when will you leave Liyue?"

"...I'm not sure, maybe after my job here is done" he replied. Aether put his head on his palm.

"Still not gonna say anything to your alpha?"

"For the last time, comrade, he is not my alpha. Geez, it's over now," he replied. Aether scoffed.

"Heh, whatever. I heard Professor Yanfei is on the way to Liyue and I didn't see Professor Zhongli around here anymore. Everything is going back to normal," he blabbered. Ajax nodded.

"That's good, then. Ah, I should go now. Bye, Aether. Say my apologies to Lumine, okay?" he said as he stood. Aether waved his hand.

"Alright, goodbye Childe. I hope we can meet soon," he replied. Ajax didn't respond and walked away, then stopped right at the gate.

"You look excited, shorty," he said as he glanced to a shadow. Venti showed up and smiled.

"Ehe, because you're going to entertain me soon. So how are you gonna make him miserable?" Venti asked.

"You should just come and watch, no need to know my plans," he replied as he continued to walk leaving the campus. He stride inside the club and faced Ekaterina.

"Did you prepare everything I asked?"

"Everything is ready, Sir. But to be honest, this brute way only harm you," she replied as she showed him the stuffs he mentioned. Ajax chuckled.

"It's okay, Katya. I won't drag all of you in this matter. Ah, please send this to Signora," he said as he handed a letter with Fatui seal on it. She took it and looked at him.

"This..."

"You'll understand it soon. I still have a lot of time, right?" he said. He left the club and passed the baby shop. His gaze fell on a doll he once saw back then.

"It's still there. Aww it's cute," he said. He got in the store and pointed the doll.

"Please gift-wrap that doll," he said. The shopkeeper nodded and wrapped it carefully.

"Do you want add a gift card?"

"Ah, no need," he replied as he handed his black card. He brought that doll and walked to his apartment, but a pair of arms suddenly hugged him from behind. He turned his head and found the amber man with a gentle smile.

"Ah, Morax."

"Geez, it's Zhongli, Baobei. Anyway, is that a gift?" he asked while his finger pointing at the paper bag he carried.

"Yeah, it's a gift, but not for you. What are you doing here?"

"I was about to invite you for lunch, Baobei," he whispered. Ajax sighed.

"Oh man, seriously? We had dinner last night and now lunch? It feels like we're dating," he complained.

"Well, aren't we dating?" he reconfirmed.