Morning Sickness

"N-no, don't kill me! I have nothing to do with Tsaritsa!" someone begged. Ajax only tilted his head, his face was dirty because of blood. He pointed his gun on that man's head.

"Nothing to do with Her Majesty, you said? You smuggled drugs and illegal weapons in her beloved country yet you said nothing? Is your brain working?" he asked. He trembled in fear and anger, but he couldn't move an inch. Ajax pulled the trigger and watched him fell on the floor, blood flowing from the hole.

"Mission accomplished. Now I should...umph?! Blergh!"

He suddenly vomited right on the corpse and coughed hard. He wiped his edge of lips and confused.

"Weird, I never vomit when killing something. Maybe I just caught a cold," he murmured. "Gotta return and report to Ekaterina."

He still felt nausea, so he hurriedly left before the police came. He changed his clothes and packed the dirty one in his bag so no one noticed him. He walked casually to the club and shocked when he bumped into Zhongli. The amber man smiled.

"Hello, Childe. Gonna work today?" he greeted.

'Calm down, be nice. He did save you from those bastards, so be kind even for formalities,' he said in mind.

"Yeah, it's my shift today. Are you gonna hold a party?"

"Nope, just me. Mind to make something for me?"

"...we have a lot of competent bartenders, why me?" he replied while walking inside, along with Zhongli and his mischievous smile.

"Because I like your signature drink," he complimented. Ajax's ears turned red.

"Well, only if you pay me well," he said. Zhongli came closer and whispered.

"I prepared the diamond ring you asked, little fox. Is it enough?"

"Get off me," he said while pushing him, then walking off to his office. Zhongli only chuckled and sat on the counter. A while later, Ajax came out and stood before Zhongli.

"You still here, Mr. Zhongli?"

"Didn't I tell you I want you to be my bartender tonight?" he replied. Ajax nodded and prepared the drink for him, while Zhongli watching him in awe.

"What's your real job, Morax?" he whispered as he landed the glass of shot with a stern face. Zhongli glanced and smiled.

"Something out of your sight, sweetie. I can't tell you more about it, but maybe I can make an exception for my soon-to-be wife," he replied.

"No, thanks. Better to stay in the dark," he straightened his body and served the other customers, but he could sense the target was staring at him, enough to make a hole on his head. After finishing his job, he turned to Zhongli and refilled his empty glass with champagne.

"Mind to stop acting like you're my lover? It's inconvenient, both me and the customers."

"I want to make sure you're safe," he replied. Ajax almost cursed him, but he only sighed and leant to him.

"Listen, Morax. I don't want you to disturb me when I'm working, simple. Can you fulfill this humble request for me?"

"You know, little fox. I'm a bit suspicious with your identity, since you called me Morax, not Zhongli anymore. Perhaps...you work under someone who wants to kill me?"

He didn't utter a word, but his gaze showed a lot of information for the amber man. He touched his chin and smiled, a fake one of course.

"So that's why you tried to assassinate me, weren't you? A dangerous job for a young man like you, I don't understand Tsaritsa's mind," he said. Ajax shocked and pushed him a bit hard. Zhongli held his arm and kissed his cheek.

"I won't kill you, but I'm afraid my underlings won't hold themselves to not killing you. Try to find a way to do it, but make it fun so you won't burn out."

"...why don't you kill me?" Ajax asked.

"Hmm, interesting question. Because I don't want to lose my new toy," he replied. He rolled his eyes and tried to work, but suddenly he rushed to the toilet. Zhongli was shocked and followed him only to heard him vomiting. He knocked the door.

"Childe?"

No answer. The man couldn't even lift his hand to open the door. He barely moved and kept vomiting, but nothing came out. After a while, he let him in and grabbed his chest.

"Take me home," he begged.

"Shall we go to the hospital first?" Zhongli replied. He could sense a slight of worry from his question. He shook his head.

"I want to go home, now," he demanded. Zhongli hesitated, yet he gave up as he saw his teary eyes. He held his arm and left the club after he glanced at Ekaterina with suspicious gaze. They safely reached the apartment, but he stopped as Ajax pressed the button.

"You better sleep in my place," Zhongli offered.

"No, thanks. I need to be alone," he replied as he walked wobbly out of the elevator. Zhongli was about to follow, but he hung back and decided to let him. After he left, Ajax dashed inside his house and grabbed his head.

"What is wrong with me?"

###

"...bro, are you okay? You look pale," Lumine asked when Ajax just landed his ass on the chair. He glanced and pouted.

"I couldn't eat anything because of the nausea," he complained.

"Huh? What? Are you pregnant?" Aether teased. His body tense and paler than before. "Hey, I'm kidding."

"... I have something urgent to do," he said while standing and about to leave, but Lisa came in time.

"Where are you going, Mr. Childe? Sit down," Lisa warned. He was about to object, but the twins dragged him back.

"Not now. She's not in the mood," Lumine whispered. Ajax groaned and followed their way.

At break, Ajax rushed to the nearest drugstore to buy a test pack and used it as soon as possible at the campus' toilet. He gritted his teeth when the results came out.

"Oh, damn. This is impossible, right?"