Five more minutes?

Negan?" Carol was shaking Negan's shoulder. He was asleep, in just his jeans with his arms crossed over his bare chest, on top of her bed. His shoulders rose and fell peacefully. "Neeg." She shook him with more force.

He grumbled and woke with a start. "What's up?" He squinted and rubbed his eye in the low light.
Carol choked out a small sob.

"Hey it's ok. Whats wrong?" He sat up slightly.

"Just, a bad dream." She shuffled closer to him. Negan raised his arm so she could cuddle into his side. She buried her face into his chest.

"I've got you." Negan rubbed Carol's back soothingly.
She felt much safer now in his arms, and it terrified her. His hand was caressing the small of her back, just above the lace hem of her underwear which was all she was wearing.
"You got nothing to be worried about with me around." He told her before he kissed the top of her head.

She looked up at him then slowly pressed her lips to his. This time when they felt that bolt of electric shoot through their bodies, nobody pulled away. Negan lifted Carol on top of him as their kisses intensified with passion.
Carol began rhythmically pushing her hips to his, she felt him begin to harden under her.

"Damn girl, you are driving me wild." He drawled low, his hands moved to her hips and he guided her movements. He slowed down the pace of her thrusts and moved her so she was sliding over the his most sensitive part.
A small moan escaped carols lips as he slid against her through their thin layer of fabrics.
"I gotta leave while it's still dark."

Carol kissed him. "Five more minutes?" She held onto the headboard and pulled herself up Negan's body so she was now sitting on his chest.

"Fuck, that's ambitious." Negan turned his head and kissed the inside of Carol's thigh.

•••

"No kiss goodbye?" Negan smiled sweetly at Carol as he stood on her front doorstep.

Carol scoffed, "We don't want the neighbours talking now do we?" She straightened out his shirt for him. "Are we crazy?"

"Fuck yeah we are. Listen, I was serious before. If anyone finds out, if Maggie finds out." Negan shook his head. "That shit ain't gonna be pretty. For either of us."

"Well, let's keep this thing just between us."

Negan grinned and raised his eyebrows. "There gonna be more of this thing?"

Carol rolled her eyes and playfully pushed Negan outside. "Goodnight Negan."

"That's alright, I can still taste you from earlier ." He licked his lips, winked at her and left.

•••

The next morning Negan was sweating his ass off lifting lumber

The next morning Negan was sweating his ass off lifting lumber. He still wasn't used to all of this manual labour. After throwing down a pile of birchwood logs he wiped the sweat off his brow and wiped his hands on his blue over shirt.

"Negan." He was greeted by Gabriel, Carol and Maggie.

"Hell-o, what do I owe the pleasure?"

"We just want to ask you a couple questions." Gabe replied.

Negan glanced at Carol, but she wasn't looking at him. Instead she was staring at the floor, her face pale. He didn't dare look at Maggie.
"Alright, shoot."

"Where were you last night?"

"I was where I always am. Damp, cold, dark cell. Ring any bells?"

"Right. Except I done three rounds last night, and you weren't there for two of them."

"Well I'm not a prisoner anymore, am I?" Negan frowned. "I can go out."

"So where were you?"

Negan shrugged. "I went for a walk man. What's this about exactly?"

Carol answered, "Dog came home last night, Daryl didn't." Her voice wavered.

"Shit. Well I'm sorry to hear that." He reached out and squeezed her shoulder, looking into her eyes. "I truly am." He addressed the others now, "But I don't know what you fine folks want to hear from me. I haven't seen him."

Maggie stepped forward. "Few people saw you fighting with him out in the street a few weeks back."

Negan let out a small laugh. "Yeah, we got in a bit of scrap. But it was just schoolyard shit."

"You hit him."

Negan rolled his eyes. "Yes ma'am, but he hit me first." He held his hands up.

This was news to Carol. She frowned at him, "When was this exactly?"

"After I saved both your asses." He gave her a long meaningful look. "I'm sorry Daryl hasn't came home, but he's a tough guy he'll be back soon enough. Now if you'll excuse me, I got shit to do, unwillingly." Negan turned his attention back to the building team.