Chapter 11

Aaron's POV

I parked the car in front of the apartment, watching Aisha as she exited the car and moved toward her apartment. My eyes fell on the now purple bruise.

I will fucking ruin that man.

I jumped out of the car, running toward her as I grabbed her wrist and stopped her in her stance. She stared at me without any sign of life on her face. My heart. God! I had never felt such pain by looking at someone like that. Except for mother and Reine. But they never looked at me with this vulnerable to me.

Fucking don't brain freeze at the moment. Tell me how to bring back her smile. Just, tell me.

"Come with me," I said.

She sighed, looking anywhere but me. "Let go of me. I am not feeling well, I need to sleep."

"Let me take care of you," I knitted my brows.

Say yes, please.

Fuck, since when did I start to use 'please'.

Since, you've made her your best friend, ass. My inner voice said.

"You don't have to take care of me. I am fine. And, I am sorry to trouble you." Tears formed in her eyes, breaking my heart a little. "I-I am sorry. You should not spend time with me, you- you have to go back to your office, or your parents. They must be waiting for you. It's such a big deal. I am really fine, and I don't need you to babysit me."

Of course, she didn't need me. Yet, I was all in for babysitting. That was the least I could do to make up for what she had done for me.

"Okay, let's go to your apartment. But, don't expect me to tug you into the bed. I am not going to look at your black magic setup." I said, raising my brows.

The corner of her mouth lifted a tiny bit, and my heart jumped out at the sight.

Bravo!

"I wouldn't dare to show you my extremely talented skills. And the doll. But, you are not supposed to be here. Go back. Shoo." She said in a weak voice, waving her hands away.

"Now you are pushing me away, only."

She lifted her head, eyes wide as horror danced in her eyes, her throat moving as she gulped. Why was she so scared of everything? What was it with her that one moment all she did was talk and talk and talk. And another, barely a sentence.

Then, the brooding. The way she kept her mouth shut and watched Riri and me interacting with each other, I knew she was thinking about her family. Her brother.

She looked at me like she always did. A look where she gave me a challenge to just wreck the shields of her mind and see through it. I loved challenges, and this girl threw them at me. What bothered me the most was that I fucking couldn't trespass.

I just fucking couldn't win because she was one hell of a girl.

"Come," she whispered.

I nodded, following her behind to the apartment.

She settled on the couch, huffing as I handed her a glass of water and sat beside her. Her eyes found mine, with a raised brow and I couldn't deny how beautiful every feature of her face was.

"Thank you for the morning,"

She bit her bottom lip, resisting the smile that came on her lips. Dang! Close move. Keep going, Aaron.

"How the hell did you get in by the way? Don't tell me you have a prototype of my house and duplicate keys."

"For a man as intelligent as you, I seriously expected a better place than a door mat to hide the spare keys. That was a freaking wonderful idea." She said, smirking.