Chapter 14

⭐️⭐️⭐️

⚠️ Self harm in this chapter.

Aisha's pov

"Stay away from him. Stay very... Very far away from Aaron or I will make sure he will know what you are. I know girls like you. Bitches like you trap a man like him for his money. He doesn't make friends. And even if he has told you that he is your friend, he might have used you for his purpose. So, I say this one last time. Stay. Away. From. Aaron." She said as she walked back to the darkness she emerged from.

I stood there as I saw Vanessa walk away, rubbing my fingers on my arms. I leaned my head and saw blood dripping from the small cuts. God damn, her nails were big and by the amount of blood that was coming out, it felt like she dug half of the er nails in my skin. I closed my eyes as I took deep breaths, focusing on the rhythm to control my heart.

"Aisha," I heard Reine's voice behind me.

"Yes?" I turned around, my hands struggling to put the jacket on as I put my hands under the sleeves.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. I turned just in time to see her standing two feet behind me.

"Waiting for Aaron. He forgot his keys." I said with a smile on my face.

"You know you don't have to pretend that Vanessa was not here a minute ago," she said.

Her hand lifted to reach my arm but I took a step away from her. "I-I don't know what you are talking about Riri. Where is your brother?"

Her eyes softened as she looked at me like I was a child in desperate need of attention or something, and I did not like it a bit. I did not like that she was looking at me with all the pity in the world. I was strong. So what if Vanessa triggered some dark memories? So what if I was feeling overwhelmed with hundreds of emotions? Not that anyone was coming to my rescue. It was my battle.

It had always been mine.

"Don't believe her words. She is a manipulator and a jealous bitch. She acts all sweet and perfect in front of papa, just to make an impression. Believe me when I say this, Aisha, he is not like that. Aaron did not use you. I don't know why he keeps her close or even tolerated her but he genuinely thinks of you as a friend. Yes, he doesn't have many friends, but that does not mean you are not his friend. You are. You had been since day one. "

I looked at her with a granite expression. She did not understand. She could never understand that I was not doubting our friendship.

I shook my head as I tore my eyes away from her.

"Can you please ask one of your drivers to drop me off? Aaron is taking forever and I don't want to be late for my job tomorrow. " I asked.

She frowned as she opened and closed her mouth, but nodded. "Come with me."

I followed her to the drive-through as I hopped in a black range rover. I poked my head out of the window, looking at Riri as I smiled and waved my hands at her. "Bye, Riri."

I rested my back in the seat, closing my eyes as I took a deep breath.

I made an image in my mind about what and how this dinner was going to be, and I failed miserably to match it with reality. Who the fuck was this Vanessa?