Maintaining The Illusion?

"No! No way doctor that is a terrible idea!" We bickered back and forth pacing around the tardis.

"I've done it before! Wellllll it went a little wrong but I think I know a way to fix it," he ran over and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Y/n I'm going to need your help." 

"I'm not going to help you erase yourself. Take away you being a time lord are you insane!" He ran around the tardis ignoring his bonkers plan. "Doctor!" Two strange helmets fell from the tardis ceiling. "Those are electrode helmets doctor why are we using these?" I began to get worried but the doctor just smiled. Clearly, he thought himself a genius but this made me fully question his sanity.

"No no you don't understand y/n last time I totally erased the time lord part of me I became human, but this time it's different."

I rolled my eyes. "How?"

"This time I'm taking you with me. I'll use your humanness to cloak my time lord...ness" He grabbed two chairs frantically and pulled the helmets down.

"But you'll still be you then right?" he looked at me with his serious face.

"Not exactly... Perception filter, is very complicated but Y/n I'll have to erase our memories. We won't remember who we are." I looked at him confused. I took it all in this plan of his and truly I didn't see any other way out. To trap and escape this mystery man, we had to hide for the time being. And if this was the only way as he says...

"I trust you, doctor." he grinned and grabbed my head, kissing my forehead.

"Oh! You y/n I... You are fantastic." what was he going to say? But then it came to me.

"Oh! Doctor in this world we will need aliases and undercover lives! Mhmmm." I paced the Tardis. "We can't travel to another time I'm sure this man would sense the tardis energy. So we have to stay in the 50s." I looked up and bugged-eyed at the doctor.

"Whot? What is it y/n?"

"I have a plan but you may not like it."

-

The doctor strapped my last arm restraint and lowered the headset onto me. "Now this is going to hurt y/n but I'm here going through the same pain okay. I've set up everything with some friends of mine. We'll wake up and not remember our identity but your backstory plan will be in place."

"Honestly I can't believe you agreed to my plan," I looked at him lowering his headset down next to me. "It's a little... Personal I guess."

"Oh y/n, don't you know," he blushed a little. But then the process started. The power of the tardis flew through mine and the doctor's blood and it stung like a thousand wasps. The pain shot through us at the same time our bodies retracted in pain. My fingertips touched the doctor's hand and he reached out for me, we shared the pain. Hand and hand. But I looked at the doctor and a tear fell down his cheek, but I don't think it was for him.

Then all I saw was black.

-

The sky flickered with red lightning, clouds shades of orange and red. The air felt dense, denser than any other planet I'd been on. I was sure I had been transported somewhere or maybe it all was a dream. But my body burned hot like fire. The pain was real, like something being lit within me.
I turned my head around searching for someone anyone. "DOCTOR!" I yelled. "PLEASE DOCTOR HELP ME!" But no one answered.
All I saw for miles was the red rock and sand. Suddenly three men in black cloaks held me down, the amber sky shifting to black. "Boom boom boom boom." I heard over and over. "Boom boom boom boom." Again and again. Then I was turned around my eyes pooled into the image of infinite colors and shapes within each other. My eyes burnt even more but I couldn't bring myself to look away.

"Stop!"  I heard a familiar voice call out to me. The men pushed my knees into the sand further. My body couldn't take the pain anymore, I was burning up from the inside. "Get back!" The voice called again and the men ran away.

My body lit a blaze and then.

-

"Clear!" I shot straight up from the bed. Screaming and gasping for air. Like waking up from a bad nightmare. I kept gasping for my breath I looked around to see myself surrounded by doctors and nurses. "Ma'am breathe just breathe." My eyes darted around the room, I was in a hospital. Why? "Ma'am, do you know where you are? Do you know who you are? How you ended up by the docks? Did someone attack you?" So many questions...

"I...I can't remember... where am I?" My mind was blank, who am I? Then I heard the electricity paddles start again. "Clear!" I rose from the hospital bed followed by nurses and doctors yelling at me to lay down. I pushed back the curtain, and suddenly I remembered. His face how could I forget his face?

"That's... That's my husband!"

Right before the paddles went off he shot straight up just as I had. I ran to his side as quick as I could, "Honey it's me! Look look at me just breathe!" We locked eyes he inhaled and exhaled quickly. All I could do was inspect his wounds with my hands making sure he was really here. He looked skinnier than usual which was impossible, his hair disheveled and wet. I placed my hands on the sides of his face. Those deep brown eyes with flecks of gold, those were my eyes, the eyes of the man I was remembering I loved.

His face was filled with shock. Then I felt my chest drop. What if he did not remember me? Our life? Surely he would...

"Your okay?" He looked into my e/c eyes and placed his hand on my cheek. "I thought I lost you." We embraced one another, not letting any air between us.

"Excuse me ma'am and sir but we need your identification. You were reported missing days ago by one of your close friends?" The Doctor addressed us both.

"Of course Doctor," my husband started, very business-like even after an injury. He pulled out a thin blue pad and showed it to the Doctor. "John Smith and this is my wife Jane Smith."

John turned to me, I couldn't bare to tell him but deep down I felt my mind was foggy. Like a dream, my memory's still not all there but I had him. I knew for sure that we had each other. He touched my jaw and placed a kiss on my cheek.

We had each other.

- Months later - John Smith POV -

I sat on the front porch like every morning. Coffee in hand and the newspaper in the other. Ever since we moved to New York life just hasn't been the same. I was constantly working at the city hall, helping the commissioner and mayor. But tonight he had asked me and Jane out to dinner, I cannot wait to tell her.
Any moment now she would be back from the grocery store.

"Honey I'm home!" She swirled out onto the porch in her cigarette pants, bright blue blouse, and hair tied in a scarf. "What do you think! Women in pants are the new fashion craze!" Her h/c hair bounced with excitement.

"Well, honey don't you look gorgeous, breathtaking as usual!" I grabbed her hips and pulled her into my lap. " I just love our new home! New York City, who would have known London to New York! Brilliant is it not!"

"Quite so! You seem in a good mood," she twisted my tie around with her finger.

"The mayor invited us to dinner. And at some fancy club! Jack says that Frank Sinatra shows up sometimes." Her eyes lit up like the fourth of July.

"Frank Sinatra wow! We must go! But first dear I must take a nap so I can be fully energized for Mr.mayor!"

- Y/n / Jane Smith POV -

As I fell asleep images flashed in my head. A face of an unknown man. The face was terrifying as he laughed at me. He held power over me I knew it, golden magic radiating in the room around us. Suddenly an explosion appeared and the room burst open.

-

I woke up from my dream feeling confused about the visions it placed it me. But I had to start getting ready for our dinner at the club. I was excited to finally meet the mayor and see Jack our good friend again. I never got to thank him for putting a missing person in for us all those months ago. Without him, me and John would of never of been found.

Sorry for the late chapter everyone I decided to take a break for a second. I don't know why but I really struggled with this chapter. Please leave some feedback on what you think of it. anyways enjoy.