ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙: 𝕄𝕚𝕤𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕦𝕟𝕖

The Kamado family were straight out of a fairytale. They were perfect in every way. The father protected the family while the mother took care of the house, the children would also learn from a young age to help with chores around the house. Everything was swell until their father died. They all grieved for a long while but soon someone else took over his role and it was Tanjiro Kamado. The eldest son of the family. He took over his father's role on protecting the family while also helping with chores. The eldest daughter of the family, Nezuko Kamado, she did everything in her power to help her older brother Tanjiro so he wouldn't be overworking himself to death. And again, everything was calm and quite. Not for long as it seems. Grief once more visited the family

"Hey! I'm heading out now!" A young boy called out to his family.

An older woman was seen leaving the families house in search for the yell.

"My my, you don't have to go to the village today Tanjiro," the woman's voice was nice and soothing, reassuring the boy he didn't have to work this day. She took out a small cloth and wiped the young boys fare golden skin, that was tainted with charcoal.

"Mom, if we want to have a good New Years meal, we have to have enough money to get it," The eldest son protested, wanting his family to have an amazing New Years meal.

"Well alright, but you have to be back before nightfall," The mother was worried for Tanjiro, he has been working none stop these past few weeks.

"Alright!" Tanjiro was determined to get his job done quickly.

"Big brother! Can we go too!" Two of Tanjiro's younger sibling appeared before him.

"Now, now. Tanjiro won't be taking the cart today. Meaning if you get tired he can't carry you back home." The mother stood up looking at the two younger ones.

"It's okay! Next time we'll be able to go! I'll bring back some goods if you'd like?" Tanjiro tried his best to make his two younger siblings happy. The two of them smiled at the sound of the goods.

"Takeo could you chop up more wood for tomorrow?" Tanjiro looked over to the younger sibling standing with an axe on his shoulder.

"I was planning on it anyways," He grumpily replied turning to his side.

"Well then I'll be going! Make sure to be good!" He waved them all a goodbye, getting a wave in return.

A couple steps away he met the eldest sister with their youngest sibling sleeping on her back.

"You're out again Tanjiro?" She asked, surprise at the amount of energy he had.

"Yup I am. I need to get enough money for the New Years meal," he smiled patting the youngest siblings head.

"It seems like everyone is clinging to you after fathers death," she spoke a small smile on her face.

"It seems so. I'll be going now, see you later." He waved walking away. The eldest sister waving back in return.

Tanjiro was walking down the mountain him and his family lived on. He smelled the village near by. About couple more minutes and he'll be there.

The rest of the day went well. He sold all of his charcoal and even got to help some of the villagers with their chores. Of course he was tired but also quite happy on the amount of money he made. While walking back home, old man Saburo spotted him and told him to stay the night at his house. Tanjiro of course tried to protest but old man Saburo won and Tanjiro was left to stay the night at his house.

"So what are these Demons you told me about?" Tanjiro asked to break the awkward silence.

Ever since old man Saburo lost his family, he has been blaming the "demons" for the course of their deaths. The village people say he has gone crazy, Tanjiro just feels bad for him. I mean he lost his family and now people think he's crazy. What a horrible feeling.