ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 14

"Tanjiro, you can't move." Nezuko softly spoke as she gently pushed me back on the bed. "You need to rest."

Besides the group, thankfully, no one else checked up on me. No one wanted to. Or, some weren't allowed. The only one taking care of me was my sister and Shinobu. The two were the only ones willing enough. No matter my state, I knew they couldn't bear the future.

Being a demon comes with many perks. But it also came with cons. With my body being able to control the blood of Muzan, it placed a lot of strain on my poor heart. My heart grew weak, and so did I. My abilities distinguished, and I was nothing but a skeleton. However, my body made an antibody, seeing the blood as a threat. Which made me collapse. The blood is most likely gone, but the infection isn't. As a demon, my healing powers healed the wound, but the infection stayed. Deep beneath my skin, it laid dormant, waiting for the right time to shine.

And now it had its way with me. With my last moment, I decided to give myself up for Shinobu's studies. After all, I made it. I cured myself, painfully falling into a paralysed state. I was a shell of a human with the cure everyone thirsted for. I was valuable, I was irreplaceable. I was the weapon. The antibodies produced in my body not only fought Muzan's cells, but they also destroyed them. Leaving nothing but a vacant path of a disease widely spread.

With this, people could be immune. Demons could be cured, and Muzan would parish. His reign would end.

Sadly, my blood wasn't enough to cure the Demon Slayer Corps leader. His curse was incurable. As long as Muzan lived and walked the earth, so would the curse placed upon the silent monarchs.

Daily, my blood was withdrawn, my antibodies were taken, and I was nothing but a body of water. Once a powerful waterfall, now a puddle.

Slowly, the cure was made. With my blood. The first patients showed great success. The first conversion from demon to human was seen. I was greatly thanked, but I could only move my eyes. I was stripped away of my life for others. But I didn't care. It was either this or commit to Muzan. Either way, my time was done. My duty was fulfilled, and I was finally able to rest, knowing everyone was safe. The future was safe. All because of me.