ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠: 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖?

Tanjiro once again shot up with cold sweat dripping down his back. He flipped over on his side, looking at the three in front of him. His nightmares were coming back, this time worse. The nightmares felt so real. Though as soon as he woke up he forgot everything. It was a never ending cycle. Tanjiro sat up with his legs dangling down from the bed. He pushed forward so his feet were touching the cold hard wood floor. He stood up walking over to the door, he left the room he was sleeping in, to wander the halls until he was outside. His feet soon touched the soft grass beneath him. The ground was cold, though it's not like it bothered Tanjiro, he was a demon after all. Even if he was sent to the north he would still feel nothing due to his loss of humanity. Same thing goes with heat. Touching boiling water does nothing but sting due to the burning skin that would soon heal.

Tanjiro missed when he was able to feel the cold in a humane way, he wants to feel the warmth when it was a cold day, the way his limbs would warm up after playing in the snow. He missed everything he had when he was a human. Especially the way he didn't pass out the minute he got tired, he hated that part of him. He hated anything to do with his demon body. The way the spine tentacles would come out, it made Tanjiro's skin crawl in disgust. How could someone do that? Why was it so disgusting?

Tanjiro sat down on the ground with his knees to his chest. Tears slowly started to fall from his cheeks. The tear trails left a cold line of water where the breeze dried it out just for new trails to come. Tanjiro's cheeks got red while his eyes went blurry from the salty tears.

"I wish I could go back to being a human, even if demons had advantages in some places, being a human is better. The way you could feel the cold air when winter hit, the snow cooling your finger, making them go red. And whenever you hit your cold hand on anything a sharp pain would come. Or in the summer when the sun warmed your skin, sweat dripping from your back and forehead. I can't seem to feel it. I recognise it, yet it's not same when I was human. It's like my body disregards the feeling. Completely ignoring it. Boiling water does nothing but give an injury easily healable to demons. Not even drowning helps me to feel something. I wish I hadn't taken things for granted," Tanjiro sat in the middle of the grassland, the moon shining it's light on Tanjiro. Surely he's able to feel something?

...

"Do you understand? I want him dead! Bring him to me."

"Yes master."

"You better not mess this up, if you do I'll take maters into my owns hands, devouring you all wouldn't be hard, so do your jobs correctly and I'll reward you."

"Understood, master."

"Now go."

...

"You know, it's quite dangerous to do it, I wouldn't try it if I were you," Shinobu sat writing in her notepad. She was working on some new discovery that was found not so long ago. "You know, if everything goes wrong, you can die, but what am I kidding, you yourself know that don't you?" Shinobu placed her brush down on the table, looking toward Tanjiro.

"Yes, I am aware of the consequences, I'm ready to take the risk," Tanjiro determined to play out his plan, he gave off a look that Shinobu couldn't disagree on.

"Fine, but as soon as you start convulsing, you're drinking the antidote," Shinobu stood up walking out the door.

"Yes, yes," Tanjiro kinda wished she didn't have the antidote. Maybe then he'll start to feel something, or be free.