ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟: 𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

"Bright, so bright, it stings."
"Voices? There's so many, what's going on? Why does my back hurt?"
"Where's Nezuko? Where's Zenitsu and Inosuke? Am I... alone?"

...

Warm, so warm. It felt like sleeping on a cloud. The sound was calming and the scent was... somehow unknowingly good. He felt fuzzy inside, it felt amazing in the state Tanjiro was in. He felt relaxed, free even. He felt like he could just let go and stay in this dream like world for ever. It was the sound of a calm river flowing by him. He could feel the soft and warm sun rays gently cupping his body, in a pleasant warm state. It felt like a hug. A hug he has been longing for.

The warm state didn't last forever. He soon found himself sinking deeper and deeper, into the dark cold parts of the deep ocean. He felt his fingertips grow cold and a shiver up his spine, as he sank deeper into the dark abyss. This seemingly empty chasm. It was an unsettling feeling. A feeling he hasn't felt.

Tanjiro's body immediately shifted, as he heard loud noises come out of nowhere. He felt himself shake, as screaming was heard. From his warm calm state, to the now panicky, unstable state. He wished he could go back to wherever he was, but he couldn't. He slowly opened his eyes to see Nezuko. Nezuko was holding Tanjiro tightly, as to not let him go. She was holding him rather protectively.

Tanjiro could see her mouth quickly open and close, nonetheless he couldn't make out what she was saying. Everything was muffled to him. Maybe she was talking to Zenitsu and Inosuke? He felt way too weak to look so he just snuggled closer to Nezuko. He let out a soft sigh, as he closed his eyes once more, hoping to get some energy, enough to keep him awake.

On the other end, Nezuko was screaming for some unknown reason to Tanjiro. She was screaming at a group of people in front of her. The group in front seemed unconvinced of what Nezuko was saying, one man even tried to take Tanjiro away from her, when he was still unconscious. She was practically yelling as her life depended on it, she screamed even if she knew she wouldn't be able to speak after this. She was begging and pleading just to keep her brother... alive. She was crying tears on how desperate she was. She was like a helpless mother, screaming for her child's life. Yet, the people in front of her sparred her no pity. They didn't even show the slightest bit of sympathy towards the poor girl, begging to keep her brother alive.

"N-Nezuko, why are you yelling?" The soft and tired voice of Tanjiro spoke out, as he regained enough energy to speak and understand what was going on, in some way. Nezuko instantly looked down, happily seeing Tanjiro awake in her arms. She smiled widely and hugged him tighter than before.

"It's okay, everything will be alright," she quietly claimed. Tanjiro shakely hugged Nezuko, wrapping one arm around her neck, his other arm was trapped between the two.

"What's going on?" Tanjiro meekly asked, his eye lids becoming heavy again, he closed his eyes once more still conscious. He was wiped of all his energy, when he let his spine tentacles out, for once more than he needed.

"Nothing, don't worry, everything is okay, I'll sort everything out," Nezuko shakily responded, nuzzling Tanjiro. Tanjiro, not realising in what the situation he was in, just snuggled closer to Nezuko, fully trusting her. "Okay," was his only response before putting all his trust into Nezuko.

Nezuko could only sigh in relief, she looked back up again at the group. Some looked surprised and some looked furious. Some even started feeling bad for her. She felt nothing but aggression towards the group. She wanted to run away and never see them again.