Chapter Twelve

Travis had felt a sudden need to be around Sal as much as he could. He felt calmer when Sal was around. It was like a magic pull. One the Travis didn't mind.

He felt safe around Sal. Like if Sal was around nothing bad was gonna happen. However their was one problem.

Travis' feelings for Sal were only growing. They shouldn't even be there. Why did he has such strong feelings for a boy? And why did it have to Sal? Sal was his friend now. How uncomfortable would he be if he knew Travis had weird homo feelings for him.

Sal would be disgusted if he knew the way Travis made up little scenarios in head about the two. The way he longed for the feelings of Sal's touch. Especially after he spent the night.

God. That night. It made Travis' stomach do butterflies just thinking about it. Sal sleeping softly, on Travis' arm. Travis loved it so much. He could never understand why Sal had such a hold on him. If it was any other boy he could get over it. But Sal? Sal had a hold on him.

Sal: Do you wanna come over?

And apparently Sal was fucking psychic.

Sal: you don't have to ofc

Sal: I'm just board and larry is

Sal: Larry's being Larry

Sal: but ofc if you don't want you don't have to I can ask Ash

Something about Travis being the first person Sal asked to come over made him feel fireworks in his stomach.

Travis :): Yea sure I'll come over

Travis' dad was on a chruch retreat so he had no problem sneaking away. He grabbed his phone and made his way out the door.

He walked as fast as he could to Sal's apartment complex, which wasn't that far. The lived close. Their was a nice breeze that made Travis feel a little at ease.

That was until he made it to the entrance of Addison Apartments. Suddenly all of anxiety came rushing back. His palms that became uncomfortably sweaty as he got onto the elevator.  Calm down Travis. He told him.

He carefully made his way to apartment 402. He took a few deep breaths and knocked. A few moments later a certain blue hair boy answered. "Hey Trav!" He said excitedly.

Travis smiled. "Hey." Sal motioned for him to come in. Travis followed Sal into the apartment. He followed Sal into his room.

Sal hopped onto his bed. "Make yourself at home." Travis nodded and sat at the end of Sal's bed. His room was covered in posters. There was some discarded clothes. "What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know." Travis shrugged.

Sal lunged forward grabbing Travis' arm. "Can you bake?"

"I mean kind of?" Travis.

"Dude ive been craving something sweet." Sal got off of the bed. "Come on let's make something."

Travis sighed and followed Sal into the kitchen. Sal hopped into the counter. "What do you wanna make?" Travis asked looking in the pantry.

"It's up to you." Sal said. Travis sighed and looked through the pantry.

"Hm," Travis looked at Sal. "What about brownies?"

Sal hopped down. "Sure, what do you need?"

"Uh I don't know we can figure out as we go." Travis said grabbing a large bag of flour.

Sal laughed. "Okay." He grabbed a bowl and Travis poured the flour into it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sal laughed, kicking his feet. "I hope they come out good." Travis smiled and turned off the water. Sal unclipped the bottom strap of his mask.

"They'll be done in 5 minutes." Travis said sitting next to Sal on the counter. Sal looked at Travis and then the floor and then back at Travis. "What?" Travis asked.

Sal sighed. He looked back at the floor and unclipped the second buckle. "I- it's hot in here and you've already seen me without my mask so- yeah." He kept his eyes locked on the floor.

"Sal." Travis said. "Come on look at me." Sal kicked his legs. Travis carefully reached his hand to the side of Sal face and turned it to face him. "You're beautiful."

Sal smiled. "Travis you don't have to lie-"

"I'm not!" Travis insisted. "You're so fucking beautiful Sal. I mean it. Sometimes it feels like I can't even take my eyes off you." Sal felt his face heating up. "I mean Sal come on have you seen yourself?"

Sal grabbed onto Travis' arm. "Travis you should think about what you're saying."

"No. I mean it Sal." Travis grabbed the other side of Sal's face with his other hand. Travis didn't know what he was doing but he was doing it. He didn't want Sal thinking bad about himself regradless of the anxiety the bubbling up in his stomach.

"Travis I-" Sal looked at him. "Dude you've got to stop talking. I got it alright." Travis studied Sal's face.

Why is he so flustered? Travis noted. Wait does he? No. No he's just bad at taking compliments. Travis let go of Sal's face and turned forward. "Uh I think the brownies are done."

Sal smiled. "Yea uh. Okay."