•9_Tsuguko

•——————————————————————•

"What a lovely day..." Y/N thought to herself.

She walked across the stone path littered with wisteria flowers.

She spotted a small huddle of lower ranked demon slayers whispering and decided to check it out.

"What're you talking about?" She asked.

They all jumped but sighed in relief that is was Y/N.

"Oh it's just that well..."

"Is Sanemi in a bad mood again?"

"...yeah but it's really bad and we don't really know why."

"Well I'll take care of it so don't worry!" She smiled, and all the demon slayers blushed.

"I so wanna be like her!" Chirped a smaller female demon slayer.

•——————————•

"Hello?" Y/N popped her head into the room.

"Ugh! What do you want?!" Sanemi yelled.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I heard the other demon slayers talking about you."

"Those disrespectful bastards! Who were they?! It's time they learn not to gossip about others!"

"No no, it's not like that. Everyone is concerned for you, you know?"

"Wait, really?" Sanemi seemed to find Y/N's voice soothing and calming.

"Yes! But I care the most, so I need to know why you're upset so I can help you!" Y/N smiled.

Sanemi blushed.

"Well...fine." He agreed.

"So what's bothering you?" She asked.

"I have a...younger brother."

"That's nice! Can you tell me more?"

"When we were younger, our father was very harsh to us. But he died and then my mother got turned into a demon and killed my other siblings."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Saying sorry won't change what happened..." He sadly looked down.

"Continue on,"

"Well, I became a demon slayer after learning about the corps, but my brother also joined shortly after."

"That's cool. What's wrong with that?" Y/N urged though she knew why.

"Because he just doesn't understand! I just want him to get married, and live happily! And I'd never let a demon get close to his happiness! And he's already thrown all of it away!" Tears started to swell up in his eyes.

"...I just don't want to lose my little brother!" A tear slipped down his face.

Y/N moved closer to him and reached her finger up to dry his tear.

"You know, I've never noticed, but your face is very beautiful when you aren't angry." Y/N said.

"Thank you I guess...?"

"Well don't worry. I know that he just doesn't want to lose you either. That's what you both want, so is it wrong for him to wish for your happiness as well?" Y/N questioned.

"I just want him to be safe though...and he can't even use breathing!"

"Well I have an idea!"

"What?"