Chapter 1: Weekly Bets

-5 years before-

—TW/ blood, guns, underage drinking. If this makes you uncomfortable then rethink if you'd like to read this story, Thanks!

-Chuuya's POV-

————————————————————————
The rain began to fall harder, almost as fast as the bodies fell around us. With each shot it felt like three more had dropped down to the ground. And each one having only another few moments till the sparks left their eyes. Their blood being washed away from the heavy rain.

Every fired shot hit what must have been a nerve or a large blood vessel. His accuracy made me shiver. A boy who's now my partner, had every last soft spot of skin memorized to perfection. His shots pierced the skin without friction to stop it. Under the screaming of the few still fighting for a chance to live you could hear something. It sounded almost like a laugh, a very subtle one. Like he was trying to hide his enjoyment.

I couldn't keep myself from looking back to see the rain drip from his chin length brown hair, it would mesmerize me for each moment that I saw it. Each drop falling with more than a few bodies. I wanted to wring it out of all it's wetness. I wanted to stop everything from falling, just for a moment to watch without being reminded of my side of the fight from getting nearly shot by one of our enemies.

I've seen his hair drip many times before. But after a year of being his partner. After all the long talks, and nights after corruption, it felt nice. It felt nice to be in the presence of someone that I could be more of my self with and even would counter my persistent attitude with an insult. Those nights, after a long tiring mission, or fight with some random on the streets that we just so happened to run into while they were trying to get into the mafia HQ. And even the one where we fought so much that we had enough of the sound of our own voices. Those nights we would sit on the couch and not say a word to each other. We'd just lay there in silence, enjoying the peace we had beside each other. Well, it was peace until Dazai would fall asleep and then snore through the night or once I left. He'd always claim otherwise once it hit the next morning.

Before I knew it I had a pain growing on the back of my hand. I looked down at a scrape over the top of my hand. A man bleeding down on the ground had lifted his arm enough to fire a gun shot at me, he missed by a lot but being distracted made me easy to at least try and hit. I lifted a chunk of rock off the ground and tossed it in my hands before throwing it at the mans head, rendering him unconscious till he died.

I guess I did him a favor, he won't have to go through a pain filled passing like his coworkers have to. Another shot is fired from behind, but I managed to stop it with my ability this time. I've had about enough of these guys I thought as I began taking out groups of them, crushing them under gravity. By the end of a minute one man was left tied to a pole with a short gun to his forehead.

"Chuuyaaaa!! Get down here! We've got something else to do." Dazai said as I came down from being over head.

The rain came down harder through the time it took till we finished getting as much information out of the guy as possible. Dazai shot him once we got what Mori asked for.

"Come on Slug~! We've got one more thing to do."

"Did Mori give us anoth-". I got pulled into a back alley and pushed up against the wall. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the darkness down the alley. Dazai had me against the wall.

"I finished the fight first~"

I remembered what happened a few nights before. Dazai and I were both siting my apartment drinking a little.

    -3d POV-

"So Dazai, how's getting a girlfriend going?" Chuuya said with a snarky laugh at the end.

"I can ask you the same." Dazai said with a slightly sober smile.

"I really thought that being in the Port Mafia would get me a girlfriend. Ya know with that bad boy rep we'd be getting." Chuuya took another sip from his glass. He's only had half a glass but he already sounds pretty sober too.

"Nope. But that's the price you pay to be in a feared duo I guess. We should get our name changed to Double the Singles". He and Chuuya laughed

"To be honest, I'd prefer Double Black to that." Chuuya said while bringing his glass back up to take another sip.

"Yeah". Dazai's laugh faded a little but soon got replaced with a genuine smile. Chuuya looked over at Dazai's smile. It had been rare to see Dazai going full psycho on someone. But to see Dazai have a genuine look of joy on his face was even more rare. But Chuuya didn't mention it, instead he was filling the space between them with more laughter from the Double The Singles joke. Dazai soon joined in again. "It'll really suck if by the time we do find some beautiful women we wouldn't be good at kissing. We'd be right back to step one.", he motioned a mic drop with his hand witch only made them laugh till they were each gasping for air. Chuuya was able to get enough air in his lungs a few moments after to give a reply.

"We've got to make sure we can kiss before ever getting in a relationship." Chuuya smiled as he finished off the rest of his glass. He put it down on the table as he and Dazai just kept laughing while gasping for air in between.

"We're- going to have to practice before then" Dazai couldn't get much out around his laughing. But he moved himself and his glass further over to Chuuya's side of the couch. Chuuya didn't pay any mind at first to Dazai's movement, he was still gasping a bit. He eventually looked to his left and saw Dazai closer than before but just laughed some more before talking.

"What? Are we gonna practice on each other till than?". They both giggled at the comment.

"You wanna make that a bet?". Chuuya looked up at Dazai as he continued with what would be their 'bet of the week'! "During our next mission against a large group, whom ever finishes it all gets to practice on the other." Dazai put his arm on the top of the couch and leaned his head on it. Chuuya had a look of slight confusion

"Wouldn't that be practice for both of us than?". Dazai looked down to think for a moment.

"Well then the winner gets to pick whatever role that they want.". He shrugged as he came up with better terms.

"I mean why not. We've got nothing better to do but make worse bets in the future." Chuuya said while refilling his glass. Dazai ruffled Chuuya's hair with a smile.

"That's the spirit! Besides It's just a race to the end of a fight basically. That'll even it out a bit more.". Dazai looked down at Chuuya laughing.

"Oh so this means you won't cheat like in the other bets we've made?". Dazai smiles as Chuuya then takes a sip of his glass.

"Well if you start to beat me too many times I may take it in to thought, as usual."

They talked and drank for the next hour before Chuuya fell over and asleep on the arm of the couch. Dazai drank the last of his glass before he walked back to his shipping container for the night. Chuuya got a bad hangover in the morning and Dazai made fun of it at work. :)