Chapter 2: Like You Said

-3d POV-

"So. You ready?" Dazai asked Chuuya who's back is to the wall. Chuuya let out an annoyed sigh.

"I think we should have specified if this would be the fight that the bet would take action. For us this isn't exactly a hard fight." Chuuya crossed his arms.

"You're right. This shouldn't have been much of a fight. But you've been distracted a lot for the past few missions, and your hand proves that.". Chuuya gives Dazai a weird look as if he had no idea what Dazai was talking about. Dazai rolled his eyes and took a step back while pulling Chuuya's hand and lifting it. The cut was shallow but there was still blood covering almost half of Chuuya's hand from it. Chuuya just looked at his hand then at Dazai.

"So what? I got hit once, it's not going to kill me or anything.". Dazai sighed at the ginger's remark.

"Chuuya, your able to stop bullets with your bare hand. What's distracting you so much that your getting injured by simple bullets?". Dazai tone was getting a little more serious. Chuuya shrugged the wound off and pointed up to the sky.

"It's a little hard to see when it's raining this hard.". Dazai looked back down at Chuuya's flushed face looking up into the rain.

"That's just bullshit, Chuuya." Dazai said

"It's not bullshit! It's hard to see everything in this weather!". Chuuya began to get more defensive on the topic but before either could say something streams of water started coming off the building's roof. Chuuya pulled away and lifted his hood over his head. Dazai backed away into the pouring rain. He continues to get soaked on their way back to HQ, to the point that Mori told him to stay on the porch. Chuuya turned around from walking in the HQ to stick his tongue out at Dazai. Dazai did it back.

————————————————————————

Dazai had to stand by the window to hear the meeting till he dried off. Once it was over Chuuya started to walk home for the day but while on the way he heard another's footsteps.

"Dazai, go home already. You're soaking wet.". Chuuya turned around and saw Dazai almost a yard behind him, all wet from the rain. Dazai put a short smile on his face and Chuuya sighed. "Fine! But you're drying off before you even think about falling asleep on the couch!".

Dazai followed Chuuya all the way back to his apartment where he had to stand outside until Chuuya gave him a towel. Once he was mostly dry he stretched himself out on Chuuya's couch.

"The Slug sure does have a nice couch" Dazai said as he sank into the cushions. Chuuya walked out of the bathroom with his hair still damp.

"Yea thanks, mackerel.". Chuuya was about to open his bedroom door before Dazai stopped him.

"Your forgetting something". Dazai said as he sat up further on the couch.

"No. like you said, we were able to handle it easily."

"You sure? You said the hard rain made things harder. Sooooo that would make it count as a difficult mission, like we said right here a few nights ago.". Chuuya sighed and walked over to the couch.

God I'm too tired for this shit tonight, "alright! Get it over with.". Chuuya leaned down to Dazai and he froze. "Well? You chickening out already?".

Dazai didn't say anything as Chuuya sighed again then leaned in. His body didn't move an inch as he felt a pair of lips touch his. a hand took the back of his head and pressed him further into Chuuya. A few moments of this past before he felt something enter his mouth. Chuuya began to explore Dazai's mouth for a moment before a force pushed against his own.

"Dazai." Chuuya mumbled through their kiss as he tried to pull back. Dazai's hand took Chuuya's collar and pulled him back to finish their embrace. Now from Dazai's side. Chuuya eventually pulled away to catch his breath. "There's your stupid practice kiss". Chuuya grabbed the clothes he had on the couch and walked into his room.

—Chuuya's POV— Damn it! Why the hell did I go through with that? Chuuya sat thinking about what he'd just done for the next ten minutes before falling asleep.

—Dazai's POV— I don't think Chuuya needs much practice. He's good at it, wait what the hell am I thinking! I didn't like it... but, he is good. Dazai thought about it for only a few moments before laying back on the couch and falling asleep all warm inside.

Their embrace made him freeze. Not out of fear or not wanting to do it, but because he didn't know. Dazai doesn't know how to feel about someone embracing him. He doesn't know how to process another's 'love'. the reason he hasn't felt human stares him in the face every day, every night, and every fight.

Okay so this is just to give some explanation to what will (maybe)happen with Dazai and Chuuya in the future of theirs fic. If some things don't tie correctly I'm sorry, I wrote this after getting around six chapters into the story. So this is more of an additional piece of information for you all, it's a early flash back is what you could say. hope you enjoy the rest of my fic. Sorry for chapters one and two being so long, the chapters will be much shorter in the future.

Have fun reading!