Chapter 13: Bear's Stance

SOOOOOOOOOOOO where do I start?

how you guys beennnnnnn? I know I haven't posted for CD in a WHILE. But here is my tribute to my still deep-down favorite.

I'll be honest when I mention that there's a strange part with how the title of this chapter adds to the story, but I it's not too Magical for y'all's taste, I think it was cute.

And BEAR with me, hehehe, this is a LONG chapter. I think it added at LEAST 14k to the bulk of the overall fic. the doc I have for writing this has officially hit 22K!! YAYYYY!! Achivements people, achievements <33!

But anyway,

as usual and for always,

WITHOUT FURTHER ADU !! XD

<33 Enjoy reading what I imagine these two would do on a mountain <33

                                             ><

Panting at the base of steps they took their third break of the day. Both this legs turned to slugs and their heads spinning with the little water that had with them. "Here," Chuuya held out a half full bottle.

"Awww~ Chuuya cares for me.", Chuuya gave him a flat look. Neither of them having the time or strength left for another argument.

"Don't make me regret it." He said, sighing as he began slowly up the rock-slab stairs.

Thousands of rocks and hundreds of lines of steps. Arches every so many turns. They walked slowly be each other's side but one stopped at a strange looking path.

"Dazai...?" He had pulled away from Chuuya's side. Walking towards the center of the mountain. "Dumbass, don't waste your energy on exploring.", he didn't turn back, bending down on his knees for a better look instead.

"Don't play around like this right now." Chuuya said as he aprotched the still brunette's side.

He came closer to see what the brunette was observing.

A thin pebble

"Ya' looking at skipping it some place? Bring it back home to skip it on a stream.

Dazai quickly shushed him and fell silent again. There was not much around them beside large rocks, small trees and bushes and steps. The shade from the trees cooled his skin, letting him truly breathe for the first time in a few hours. Midday was its hottest. The sun pounding on them from once they started their accent. Chuuya exhaled slowly. Pausing at the very end for only a split moment. Enough. Enough to hear what he believes Dazai had been. A dim pounding of water from further into the side of the mountain. He took another slow breath in, holding it for total silence. There is was again. The light dripping of wet leaves. Chuuya looked towards the sharp rocks on the inner of the mountain. Scattered across the side of the path, there was a small opening. Chuuya kelt down to Dazai's ear, holding his place with a hand on his shoulder.

"Down the hole." He whispered to not disturb the sound of water. His voice smooth and calm, unlike an hour ago in the trees. It sent a shiver down Dazai's back. Perhaps a tingle from his headache? He nodded, taking the flat stone in his hand. Dazai turned his head towards the shaded rocks. The hole was dark but something shined from inside. A glow. He stood up. Desideing to be first to enter. Chuuya didn't stray fare from behind. Wanting to see anything he could about it now.

Going back on his own words, maybe it was okay for a little exploration.

Dazai bent down again, fitting himself into the opening. It was a tight fit, but he managed. They followed the glow of the tunnel till they would find an open room.