Chapter 11: It Can't Hurt as Bad, Right?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH remember when I said I'd post this chapter at the same time as Chapter ten? Well... I lied, I got lazy I guess. Eh it is what it is though. Anyway! Here ya go, Finally gonna post it.

Enjoy!
——————————————————————

They approached the black SUV. It had all its windows shattered and its back trunk door ripped off along with both side doors. Dazai sat Chuuya down on the open back seat facing outwards. He dug under the front seat and pulled out a red and white bag with a plus on it. It was the first aid kit that was packed in every car. The Mafia may be brutal, but they gave their people a chance.

Dazai opened the bag, it had lots of bandages and what would be used to clean wounds.

Chuuya grasped his pants as Dazai turned with Isopropyl in his hand. Dazai looked to Chuuya then back down to the torn legs he was gripping.

"Chuuya, can we just get this over with. I don't want to have a foot in my stomach while working on your leg right now.". Dazai's tone wasn't understood the way it was meant to be. In fact. It wasn't even understood. A tone that has no meaning. It was tiring. It was slowed, almost feeling dead to the sound. He couldn't tell if Dazai felt anything when he said it. Dazai was hiding something.

"Since when have I ever given you what you want?". Chuuya's only tactic was defense in this situation.

Chuuya and Dazai were partners for years. They can predict each other's movements as needed.

They were Double Black.

They were Double Black. And that's what they'd forgotten at times. Dazai can pry at Chuuya as much as he wants but he's grown thicker skin from when they were seventeen. Chuuya can break apart Dazai as much as he wants, but Dazai has built thicker walls over the four years they spent apart. They've both grown and they both know it.

"Never, you make my life a Living hell every day. Makes me want to-"

"Yeah yeah, you wanna kill yourself. As expected from a mackerel that wants to beach itself. Give me a break.". Chuuya interrupted. "You've only grown taller since I've last seen you. Give me the bottle. I can do it myself, dickhead.". He held out his hand waiting for the bottle to be pasted to him. Instead Dazai pointed to his leg. I silent signal saying No.

"Can you roll up your pants.". Dazai said. "Or are you going to make me have to do all the work? Newsflash: I don't like work almost as much as I don't like pain.". Chuuya still didn't budge from his position.

"Give it and then I'll do it myself."

"Bullshit."

"I can still move my arms, dumbass.". Chuuya grabbed the bottle and a Cotton swab. He poured some on, but he was hesitant to roll up his jeans. He knew it would hurt like hell to roll them up because of the cuts. However he proceeded to roll them up as far as he could. Hiding as much as the pain as he can. Dazai was in front of him, leaning on the car, watching Chuuya clench his teeth in pain as he tried to wipe away some of the blood to find the source of the cut.

Dazai eventually gets tired of the sight and pulls out a water bottle from the bag. He opens it and slowly pours it over Chuuya's leg, washing away the blood down into the dirt.

"Just let me get it over with.". He grabbed the swab and began cleaning the wounds.

                                    ><

"GAH! Are you done yet?! It feels like you're trying to stick the swab inside the cut itself."

"Yes, I'm done with this leg. Could you stop squirming so much though?"

"Maybe I wouldn't squirm if you didn't press it on the cut so hard."

"I have to clean it.". Dazai said as he finished wrapping the leg's cuts in bandages. "There. Done with one leg."

"Ugh finally.". Chuuya moved the bandages leg away from Dazai and fixed his other leg to face Dazai.

"Wow, you aren't going to fight with this one!" Dazai said sarcastically.

"This one's numb, so it can't hurt as bad.".

It did.

                                    ><

A concrete road, a navy sky, and a brown haired man holding a torch. An echo of steps went down the road's cliff. There was a drop off on the other side of the road. The mangled SUV was covered in a dark late night glow.

"YOU'RE NOT CARRYING ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!". A fist planted itself in Dazai's chest.

"Fine, then just get back on my back or something!". Chuuya was now sitting on the ground beside the car.

"I'll walk my damn self back to Yokohama!"

"You said you're numb in one leg, so good luck." Dazai said, rolling his eyes.

"I'll find my own way back or something." Chuuya pulled himself lip and leaned on his left leg. A spiral of pain ran up it and he caught himself on the side of the car. Dazai couldn't help but smile at the attempt.

"Chu, you can't even stand properly."

"Shut up, I don't want your help! And stop with that!". Chuuya tried to straighten himself up on his leg, but instead just looked like he was imitating a flamingo. He was practically standing on one leg as he tried hopping to the back of the suv. He sat in the open trunk and laid back.

"You'd move faster as an actual slug.". Dazai said, looking at Chuuya lying down in the car. He stared for a moment before looking up at the sky. The moon was above them. It was already past midnight, the Mafia's support team wouldn't arrive anytime soon. They wouldn't be able to find them without a tracker. "Sigh. I'm going to see if there's any food in this car.". Dazai dug through the car looking for any food. All he found was three bars and a can of what he hoped was crab.They'd have to open it to tell. He put everything in the medical bag, extra water, bandages and the food he found.

Dazai took the bag and walked back to the end of the car where Chuuya was looking up at the stars. He wasn't lying on his back anymore. His head was tilted back as far as it would take to see past the car's roof.

"Put this on, Chuuya.". Dazai tossed the bag at Chuuya.

"Why?"

"We're gonna have to walk. We don't have enough food and water to wait here till one of our sides thinks to come and get us."

Chuuya sighed and put the bag on his back. There wasn't anything to argue about anymore, this was what they'd have to do to get back home.

Without further adu!

I'm gonna go write more, bye bye peeps🌺