Chapter 7: No Way of Contact

They arrive at their agency. Dazai and Fukuzawa talk privately in the office, discussing what needs to be done.

Dazai exits the office holding a purse-like bag and a slip of paper in the other. Atsushi runs into him on his way out of the main entrance. He doesn't stop for him, instead he keeps walking at a seamlessly fast pace. Atsushi walks up the stairs to the office to see the rest of the agency members in the meeting room.

"What's The plan?" He says, trying not to interrupt the meeting too much.

"Dazai and I left a note with the contract. If the PM wants an alliance than they'll need to make it with someone else." He walks to the back of the meeting room and puts a hand on Atsushi's shoulder to direct him out of the room. "Everyone, keep an eye on the tracker connected to the bomb". His hand pushes him and Atsushi out of the room into the offices. Fukuzawa looks down to Atsushi, " Dazai and I didn't sign the contract. We've sent him to deliver the contract with another slip of paper with an explanation of what we will be doing instead.". Atsushi stays silent waiting for him to finish explaining the plan, but there was nothing but the muffled sound of the others talking in the room beside them.

"So do we have a plan?" He said

"Part of a plan. Dazai will go and team with Chuuya for tonight.". Atsushi stays silent but his mind is running with all the possibilities of what could happen to Dazai if there's no real plan besides 'fight and try to win'. "We don't have a way to contact him either. Dazai is temporarily on his own for this mission, and there is no telling how long it will take to get rid of 57E1P. It's a mutant like Lovecraft, but likely isn't built the same way, it seems to be much stronger and faster. This will truly be a time where they need to pull their conflicts aside to fight this.". Atsushi paused before nodding in agreement. He'd never seen what Double Black was like in a fight, and doesn't know how far their time together goes back.

They entered the room once again, they'd need everyone to help with coming up with a plan in case Chuuya and Dazai were unable to push away their conflicts.

><

Dazai walks with the contract in hand to the back door of the Port Mafia headquarters. The door opened to a guard, he began nudging Dazai inside and down the hall.

"So what brought you back, executive Dazai." Said the guard, in a slightly harsh tone. This guard has history with the Port, at least five to six if he'd known Dazai's place on their tower

"We'll I thought I'd just drop these things off here." Dazai hands the paper and satchel to the guard. Before he could reopen the door another voice begins.

"Dazai, welcome back.". Silence fills the space between them, just like water fills a cup but there's always a little more room for air to slip through. "I have Chuuya waiting for you at the Front. But I suspected that you'd take the back door though. Having to deliver a signed contract while having your ex-partner beside you in your ear, could make things difficult for conversation.". Mori walks toward the guard to retrieve the paper handed to him by Dazai. Dazai left for the front of the building before a conversation could continue.

"So are we teaming with the other side now?". Mori unfolds the paper and finds the extra note.

He sighs, "Dazai never fails to disappoint. We have an agreement for tonight, afterwards we won't allow Double Black to be used as we hoped.". Mori re-folds the paper and begins walking back to the front of the building as well, walking without any rush.

The guard, once Mori is out of sight, opens the satchel. Inside the satchel there are two bars and a well made bomb. This bomb had to have been made for the fight against the new Lovecraft. But why would Dazai give it to a guard? He lifted the bomb and checked for a count down. There was no countdown. The guard began to walk down to Mori's office to tell him about the bomb in the bag.

—————————————————————

There is a parking lot of black SUVs and trucks in front of the Port's HQ. Each with tinted windows to block sight inside the vehicle. Dazai walks toward the front, but stops behind one of the cars. He turns his head around the car to see a ginger running his fingers across a blade. likely planning to use it on him the first chance he gets. Dazai doesn't leave from behind the SUV until he sees the ginger put the knife back onto the bench he'd been sitting on.

"Hello again Chuuya!" He jumps out from behind the SUV and starts moving toward the set of doors. He stares at Dazai, speechless but not blown away. Chuuya returns the knife back to his hand before standing and walking towards the small parking lot.

"Just get in one of the cars, so we can end this already.". He walks over to a medium sized black SUV and takes out a pair of keys from his pocket. The other enters the passenger side. He starts the GPS system, they have about an hour till they get to the estimated location of 57E1P