Feliz Cumpleaños

There was utter silence in the room. Absolute silence.

"Well?", I asked anxiously. " Say something. It's getting really awkward with all the staring."

Sebastian and his team of tailors stood to the side looking me over with a critical eye.

Lola was standing speechless. Emir was deep in thought.

"Well it's been a lovely wearing this dress but the corset is choking the life out of me. Would you bloody get me out of it?!", I asked outraged.

"Dear God, I think my bra cup size has increased 5 times, by the way this corset is pushing up my boobs. A fine piece of engineering, I must say! Makes me look a Renaissance porn star.", I exclaimed like a hobo while staring at the floor to ceiling mirror. The dress was indecent.

It was of the palest crystal blue, with an intricate lace detailing up the flowing skirt and a thigh high slit on one side, with thousands of hand stitched Swarvoski crystal rising from the hemline through layers of white tulle that looked like the breaking waves on a sea shore. The bodice was nothing but a sea blue corset lined with pearls all over and two sleeves made entirely of pearls. More pearls were sewed throughout the dress.

An incarnation of Venus, the Paphian Venus. That is what I looked like. Femininity and lush curves highlighted by the dramatic layering of the dress. The slit revealed one toned thigh. The dress was scandalous of course, with my breasts threatening to spill over, the thigh slits, the hanging pearls all over my body, the soft organza coming out. The dress was shameless, desire incarnate.

A wild and beautiful dress for the mischievous goddess of love. It was a piece of art but one could not ignore the skirt digging into my hip.

"I need the skirt to be two sizes bigger. I can't move in this. My tummy hurts.", I complained.

"Cotoure is not meant to be sensible. It magical, it's poetry.", Regina , one of the tailors said.

"I won't have her fainting during the event. We will alter the skirt to fit her needs. She has work to do.", Emir said.

"But, Mr. Aslan, there is no time.. ", Sebastian began.

" Make time.", he said.

"The shoulders too. They need to be a little loose.", I said.

They nodded.

I stepped out of the dress and changed in the next room.

As we came out of the atelier, Emir said,

"You're awfully quiet."

"I'm in shock.", I said quietly.

" You didn't like the dress?", he asked while climbing down the stairs.

"I don't. I treasure it.", I said. "It's the most gorgeous dress I have ever has the privilege of putting on. Thank you for letting me wear it."

"It's a good fit. Hopefully it will be altered properly by Friday.", he said.

"I think I have seen that dress before.", I commented.

" It was a part of my private runway show, my personal collection- The Birth of Venus. That dress was the center piece I created inspired by Botticelli's painting of the same name."

"I have the honor of of wearing a dress made by you?!", I exclaimed.

As much as he was my rival, he was also an exceptionally talented designer. I had to admit that wearing a dress designed by him was a lifetime's opportunity.

His car was waiting outside. He got inside but before he could close the door, I blurted,

"But how come you didn't sell it, a dress that would make you millions? Why give it to me?"